Monday, April 4, 2022

It's FIXED

 The day started early with coffee at 5:15 am then up at the barn as soon as it was light enough to see.  Our airbnb guests arrived late last night so the clean up was quiet.  We had a good walk but I didn't finish as at 8:15 am I needed to leave for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail and from there to Reikers to get an oil change on the Prius.  Karin sent a text with needed items at mom's house so the next job was to drive to Sam's Club. As soon as I got home Irish and her colt were put in the pond pasture where the little stinker ran his mama ragged galloping up and down.

He would gallop up to the gate then take off running back down to Valiant's paddock. Maybe he was just wanted to visit his papa.
Once I was sure they were ok I left with the truck to drive to Congerville to pick up the Eclipse 2 horse trailer. The wiring is finally fixed and it worked perfectly. It turned out to be a pretty simple fix. I was pretty thrilled and not only does he work on trailer wiring he also repairs golf carts. He is going to get the lights working again on mine. Those stopped working when Kensley was about 8 months old. I had gotten off the golf cart to pick up some halters, Kensley got down off the seat and sat on the accelerator. The golf cart took off for the field, I took a flying leap trying to stop it but missed. The golf cart hit a post, sheared it right off and from that point on the lights didn't work. Thankfully Kensley was fine.  He is also going to order a new back seat.  I'll have to drive that to him maybe on Wednesday. Tomorrow right after Berean I need to pick up Soul and Cookie from Middle Grove. Rain moves in Tomorrow night so I really need to go as soon as possible.  Soul is due April 16th, she doesn't usually deliver early but just in case I want her home.
Cookie will also be brought in as she is not supposed to be on the early spring grass. It is just too rich for her. Both Soul and Cookie need their manes untangled. 
This evening I finally got caught up on the website.  That is time consuming but necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment