Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Grandparent's Day in Goodfield

 At 6:00 am I left for the barn. Tatiana was anxious to get out of the barn and back into the paddock. Her udder didn't seem quite so full and tight so we may have some time with her.  Once the indoor was cleaned up and the cat fed I headed back down to the house to make breakfast and load the car with some supplies for the Berean office. We walked today and Diane remarked, "this is ridiculous!" She had to wear her winter coat. We had freeze warnings and winds this morning for our walk and yes we did need winter coats.  A little discouraging for the end of April.  After the walk I left for the Berean office. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.  On the way home I stopped at the trailer repair place to check on the Wildwood. The diamond plate was ordered so I paid for that but since it has not come in yet I am free to bring the trailer home and use it until the supplies come in. My next stop was to the bank to get come cash. We ordered a whole beef from our neighbor and Eureka meat locker sent a text to report it was ready for pick up AND we can get a 2% discount if we pay by cash instead of check or credit card.  The next stop was to the Hanna City post office to drop off the Bibles going out today and finally home to check on the mares.  I had time to eat some lunch before heading to Goodfield elementary for grandparent's day for Jace.  Ron (Jace's other grandpa) had already arrived. This was WAY better than I expected.


The kids put on a small program then each child took their grandparents to see their art, their classrooms, they had games out for each grandparent to play. We got to see the playground and they had delicious snacks afterwards.  



Jace's class didn't make the tree below but it was so unique I thought it should be posted. This is made completely out of plastic water bottles that were cut and painted. Beautiful and pretty cool.

Below is Jace's rendering of grandma's house with the barns to play in.
Of course we had to get a picture of Jace and Grandpa Rumbold.
I made it home in time to prepare supper for mom's house. Faith, Berlica and Mackenson were busy mowing here and at mom's.  I only got pictures of Faith as the other two were working in different areas.
We had a fun evening there. Faith and Berlica stayed for the evening and Diane came so we played games until mom was ready for bed.  It was dark when I left there so used the car's headlights to bring Tatiana in from the paddock. I don't think she is ready to deliver but I want to get in a routine with her in at night until she delivers.  I got a very nice text from the lady that bought Jewel's 2016 filly by Evan.  She is looking for another foal and wanted to reserve Indy's 2022 foal. I had to explain there are already SO many people wanting Indy's foal. One has been waiting for 2 years, one was supposed to end up with Indy's 2021 filly and there are at least 2 others in line before her. She wrote: Riata is doing great and very loved here. She is starting 3rd level dressage.  
Riata is the full sister of our 2 year old Dancer. They really are special horses. 




No comments:

Post a Comment