Friday, April 22, 2022

Sally Stays

 We had another morning of rain with some heavy downpours. The mares with the foals had to stay inside all day.  They were checked on in the morning and the indoor cleaned up. The foals were having fun inside, the mares would have preferred to be outside. 

When we had a short break in the rain Rosalie was taken out and teased. She showed to Valiant, showed to Evan but when he approached she kicked out. She must just be coming into season. I'll have to try again tomorrow.  At 1:00 pm I was due to be at mom's to relieve Rachel. They were just sitting down to a late lunch but after lunch it was nice enough to sit out on the deck for a bit. Molly went running down to chase the geese away.
When we went back inside I was reading mom some of the emails that had come in and we ended up talking about the painting. Mom wanted to thank the painter whose name is Kres so I took the video below and will send it to her.
This evening Mark took Braelyn, Taegan, Kensley and me out to Ming's for dinner.  Those girls enjoy that restaurant and so did I. Below is Taegan enjoying her Mongolian bbq meal.
Last night after I had gone to bed the apartment booked for today.  The guests were sent directions and instructions for check in this morning. They had not yet arrived by the time we left. Tomorrow we have more guests coming in and I am at mom's for the first shift so I hope today's guests leave the apartment reasonably clean and will be out by 1:00 pm. I'll only have 2 hours to get it ready before the check in time of 3:00 pm for the next guests.
Mike went to Middle Grove and checked on the mares. He really does not want to sell Sally so she stays. He said Sally is his 2nd favorite riding horse and he trusts her. He wants to do a lot of riding this summer with his grand children.


No comments:

Post a Comment