Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Gravel vs Mud

 On the walk we heard a big truck driving up, it turned out to be another load of the gravel. We have so much mud we need lots of gravel. That driver came 6 or 7 times today. 

I did a lot of driving today, first to the gas station in Hanna City as the beeper was letting me know the tank was empty.  The price was $4.46 a gallon on the way to church there was a gas station charging $4.44 a gallon. I could have saved 16 cents! In this day and age every penny helps. I picked up the Bible studies from church as tonight would be at the fellowship hall. The next job was to Sam's club, I needed to make more chicken soup but chicken was terribly expensive and buyers were limited to just 1 package.  Thankfully they had those rotisserie chickens still a $4.95 so I bought 2 of them along with some fresh vegetables. What a crazy world we live in, it is cheaper to buy a cooked chicken than buy raw.  Next was to the Berean office to drop off the empty box and take the filled box for the Roanoke church.  From there I drove to David and Stephanie's house to drop off Rizzy's feeder and waterer. Rhoda had given Rizzy a hair cut. Next was to Meisters to drop off the box of studies.  Amanda the receptionist takes them to her mom who grades some then Linda Hodel picks them up from there.  On the way to Hanna City I stopped at the money center 24 to get some $5.00 bills except they only give out 10s and 20s so I whipped around to the bank and asked for 4 $5.00 bills then drove to Diane's office to drop off one of them. The money was for fresh eggs.  A lady that lives just off our road close to Diane's office has chickens.  Diane stopped me, a new bank statement had come in so we quickly did the reconcile and I'm pleased to say no mistakes and it only took about 10 minutes.  When I finally got home it was after 11:00 am. Our airbnb guests were supposed to be out but Anna hadn't heard if they left. Well they weren't out. The wife told me she would ask her husband to come around 1:00 pm and it would probably be 2:00 pm or 2:30 before they had everything out. I believed her until Anna sent me a text that the lady told her they wouldn't be out until 5:00 or 6:00 pm.  That is much too late for Anna to clean and we are just hoping it doesn't book tonight.  This afternoon I made a big pot of soup which is now cooling in the fridge.  I'll have some to share if anyone wants a quart. The picture of the piles below was taken before the last load of the day. 
Tonight David was speaking in Bloomington and so I though I would watch live but Bloomington's watch live didn't work. I was able to listen live for a short time then that went off too. Instead I watched Peoria's family night at the fellowship hall.  Later that night Bloomington posted the video of the service:  
Irish and her colt were moved inside the barn. The wind is just fierce today and it is cold and getting colder. We are even expecting snow on Friday.  Soul's udder was checked before dark and it is filled more than yesterday.  It would be nice if we could get some of this mud dried up. We for sure need more gravel in front of the apartment. I have someone moving in on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment