Thursday, April 28, 2022

Special Treat

 I didn't get the foals haltered today, I didn't get the Wildwood picked up, I didn't get anyone covered today but I got 3 mares teased and all three are in season. Rosalie was covered yesterday so she was not covered today. Soul and Lily are in their foal heat. If Rosalie is out tomorrow morning Soul will be covered by Evan and Lily will be covered by Valiant.  I left the house at 6:00 am and had to move Tatiana out of the indoor. Rocky was loaded in the trailer and the trailer driven out of the way so a bale could be taken out to Lily's paddock.  Mark arrived to help get the gate back on the hinge and together we got that done before moving the bale. Mark moved the bale while I went to find a knife to cut the net wrap off. Once that was done the back gate was opened so the mares and foals could come back in. While back there I saw a glimpse of orange flash by and thought it was a big orange cat but nope it was a fox. 

 

Last Sunday the grandkids said they saw a fox and I didn't believe them.  Well tonight I saw another and this one had a very large bushy tail. Hopefully we have a fox family back on the property.  We used to enjoy watching them raise their kits but then our neighbor who raises chickens declared war on them and wiped them out. Rocky was put back in with Missy, Cookie and Sally.  The sale fell through so he is back for sale.  Now I'll need to clean him up and get a new video of him.  This morning I borrowed Joan's van this morning for the trip to Eureka meat locker to pick up the beef.  There was 715 pounds of processed beef from this one cow and I couldn't get the coolers and laundry baskets in my little Prius. Once home that 715 pounds of beef were brought into the house and divided up. Mark was called to come home from work and when he arrived he started making deliveries as the bags were filled.  I took Nolan and Sarah's to them then drove to Goodfield and delivered Ben and Taunya's getting home around 2:30 pm. By this time I was really tired so stretched out on the recliner to rest but of course rest doesn't come where there is work to be done. I posted a new ad for Rocky. He is really a nice colt and beautiful so should sell. 

 Mark went out to weed whack and came back with some fresh picked mushrooms.
They were washed, split in two, washed again then soaked in a milk and egg mixture.  They were fried up for supper tonight and were truly delicious. We both enjoyed this special treat.
I just came in from checking Tatiana. She is not waxing and the evening is nice, no rain predicted until tomorrow so was left out.  That will be one less job in the morning.  Even though not everything got accomplished I'm happy with what DID get done.  Joan got 3 of the trailers ready for rent and the first one leaves on Monday.  She came over to get keys for all of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment