Saturday, April 16, 2022

Rosalie's Home

 It was 34 degrees outside this morning when I left for Middle Grove at 7:30 am but before I left I fed our cat, Joan's 2 cats and her 1 dog.  She will be home tonight so today was the last time for them. I was able to drive into Middle Grove and took the truck and trailer to the base of the hill and started hiking. I chose the perfect place to park, the herd was about in the middle over the the hill, down the hill and under the trees. When I arrived there were a couple of mares laying flat out like they were dead. I wasn't concerned, the sun was shining and I was sure they were just taking a nap. When I walked up to Missy to take the picture Oksana popped her head up but Rosalie was sound asleep.

Lily was the first mare I checked as she is due next. She had very little filling in her udder so she can stay out as long as I check on her every couple of days.
The next mare checked was Jury. She is due May 11th but her udder is still flat.
Next I walked up to Rosalie to halter her thinking she would jump up when she saw me coming but she didn't. She was very content to just enjoy the attention from the ground.
I haltered her and she waited until I asked her to stand before she moved.
All the mares were checked and all are doing well.
IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures from this morning click HERE. Rosalie was taken down to the trailer, loaded and we headed for home. She travels very well, no neighing or moving around in the trailer. She was teased as soon as she was taken off the trailer but she is not in season. She will need to be teased every day until she comes in. While there Skye was teased and covered. I won't need to check her Easter Sunday, the next time she will be teased will be Monday. Mark was working on the new barn and also finished the fenceline between the two pastures.  My next job was to pick up Nancy in Morton. They have a new Aldi store not far from where she lives so we visited that first. Nancy loved helping me shop. We bought a pizza for dinner tonight plus I was able to get some much needed items for our house.  While shopping a notification came in that the apartment booked for tonight.  As soon as we got home I ran up to the apartment, turned the lights and heat on then sent them a notice it was ready. These are repeat guests so I didn't need to send special move in instructions.  Nancy was taken to mom's house to decorate Easter eggs. 
She takes that job very serious.
Below is a short video of some of her work.
While we were working on eggs out on the deck we watched a pair of geese come in for a landing.
We had some beautiful eggs by the time they were all finished and only a few broken ones.


Nancy stayed with Ruth and mom while I went home to bake the dessert for tomorrow's Easter meal.  I made a double layered cream cake. I was throwing the cake boxes away but stopped in shock when I saw what was in our garbage. 
Mark explained it was down on the road by our mailboxes. 
I had time to clean up the stall for Soul's tonight and the indoor arena before I needed to be back at mom's. Mark discovered a tree had fallen at Spark and Rhonda's house and hit their roof.  I checked it out, it looked like only the gutter was damaged a bit. This probably happened 2 nights ago when the wind was ferocious.


I sent a text to Spark with the pictures.
At 4:30 pm I headed back to mom's to make the dinner tonight. Spark and Rhonda joined us for dinner. Jay and Tara's family helped take down the tree. Nancy was taken home  at 6:30 pm. She had a fun day today. 












No comments:

Post a Comment