Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Surprise Party

 No walk again today. Ruth was with Fedi at home and both Diane and Joan are now in Gulf Shores enjoying the 'real' spring that just doesn't seem to arrive here.  I drove up to the barn to check on Soul and feed the cat before heading over to Joan's to feed her cats and dog.  I left around 7:45 am for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail before heading to the Berean office.  If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. They actually held a surprise birthday party for me after our work was finished.

I dropped off the 65 Bibles at the Bartonville post office and made it home just before I needed to be at mom's to relieve Rachel.  After talking with Rachel it was determined that even though it is Rachel's weekend with Nancy she would let me pick her up on Saturday to dye eggs at mom's house. Nancy loves that job. I have plenty of eggs and have two kinds of egg dye. Mom had an active afternoon. She wanted badly to walk by herself (which she can't do) but accepted my help graciously. She also thought she should be able to stand by herself by now and tried hard. In the morning she was able to pull herself upright at the banister and even balanced for a quick moment with no hands.  I left there at 5:00 pm and went straight out to the barn where Philip was still working. We discussed insulation and lights before I headed in to make dinner. I just heated up some creamy chicken and wild rice soup for dinner and served that with cheese and crackers. Stephanie posted: David wrote an article on the resurrection of the dead for the online magazine Theozine. Check it out! by clicking on the title
My airbnb guests arrived a little early while I was at mom's and wondered if they could just come on the property and wait until check in. I was very glad to let them know the apartment was all ready for them.  This evening I walked up to show them where the storm shelter is as tomorrow strong storms are expected here and introduced them to the horses. They are thrilled to be here and very very satisfied with the place. I really do enjoy meeting new people. They have a daughter about the same age as Zion. She learned how to correctly feed a horse then gave me a big hug. Soul is still not bagged up enough nor waxing to worry about her delivering tonight. I may need to bring her in tomorrow evening just in case if the expected storms arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment