Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Irish's Colt Sold & Rockaway Sold

 No walk this morning, it was only 30 degrees outside when I walked  up to let Soul out of the barn and this morning for the first time there was waxing.  We should have a foal within a couple days. I left for the Berean office a few minutes later than usual as I was watching Soul to make sure she would settle down and graze. When I arrived at the Berean office at 8:50 am almost everyone was already there waiting for the mail. If interested in reading about our morning there click HERE.  While at Berean's a phone call came in from someone wanting to look at Irish's colt. We made arrangements for them to come once I was home.  After leaving the office I drove first to the Hanna City post office to drop off the Bibles then sent a text that I would be home but would need to leave in an hour to pick up Lily. They arrived within 10 minutes after that text. They not only bought Irish's colt but are taking Rockaway also and will bring the deposit tomorrow for Irish's colt. He will be picked up at weaning.

I'll be delivering Rockaway as their trailer is in the shop but it is only 10 minutes away.  As soon as they left I took the truck and trailer to Middle Grove. It was dry enough to drive all the way back to Lily. 
She was loaded up quickly. I didn't check any of the other mares but took a few pictures.
Above is Mika and Sheena below is Jury who was sad to see Lily load up.


It was sunny but still cold. 
The horses love this weather, there are no flies!  Lily was put in the big field with Soul as soon as we were back and both settled right down to graze.
The baby bump on Soul is impressive.
Lily is also huge but part of that is from her colic surgery years ago.
I filled up the truck in Farmington as gas was 12 cents a gallon cheaper than Hanna City. Thankfully it was just under half a tank. I can't imagine how much it would cost to fill it.
The stalls were bedded thickly, the water buckets cleaned and filled and fresh hay left in the stalls for tonight.  By then it was time to get supper started for mom's house.  Tonight was my night to stay.  After supper mom wanted a hot tub. While she was relaxing in that warm bubbling water Karin noticed the Sauder's were burning the dam. 
The reflection of the flame in the water was beautiful. When I left for home I put Lily and Soul in the indoor arena for the night instead of the stalls.  There was no wax on Soul's udder this evening and she for sure didn't want to stay in the stall. Both were perfectly content in the indoor.  I'll get up early to check on them but do not believe she will have her foal tonight.













No comments:

Post a Comment