Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Rainy Day

 It was hard to get much done in the house today as every few minutes I wanted to run up to the barn. Both foals are doing great. I spent at least an hour on Lily and Soul's manes. Both were quite tangled from the wind at Middle Grove.  Both foals were handled and both are very strong.  I'm thankful. The pictures below were taken after breakfast.


Lily's filly is curious, when I was working on Lily's mane she would walk between me and Lily expecting me to move.  She already likes to be scratched.
Soul's colt really inherited the hair gene. His forlocke is thick and bushy and his tail is probably the thickest tail on a newborn I've ever seen.
Soul didn't want me touching him and when the colt came over to me, she would immediately get between us. It rained most of the day and was a cold rain as the temps were only in the 40s. Most of the horses here were glad to stay in their shelters. Skye was teased, she winked but squealed and struck out so I'm pretty sure she will be out all the way tomorrow. I made a big omelet for supper tonight as we have plenty of fresh eggs, vegetables, spinach and cheese.  We left for church a little early. Craig Stickling had the message on Thomas and by the time he finished I think we were all glad for Thomas. As soon as we got home I changed, ran to the barn to fill water buckets and give them more hay.  It is still pouring down rain so I'm very thankful for warm thickly bedded stalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment