Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Sweet Georgia Peaches.

 Mark and I left at 9:00 am to drive to Morton to meet with a man who has offered to work on getting Horsemeister Inc a brand new website.  Our old website is 22 years old and desperately needs updating. I've resisted doing this as I really thought we would be retiring. Last year my hip needed replacing and every step was agony. The work was too hard and I was discouraged. This year I can walk and realize I'm not really ready to retire. Dan has been explaining the benefits of linking the blog, my youtube channel with the website and Guy, the man who will be doing the work would also like to have a newsletter added. I liked Guy's ideas but am not sure I can afford the price. At least the upfront price.  After listening for 2 hours and being shown how it could look, we still didn't actually know what it is going to cost and since I don't like to go in debt I would have felt better if price had been discussed. We were out of there by noon, drove to a money center 24 to get some cash then to Farm N Fleet in Morton to meet the peach truck. That was supposed to be there at 12:30 pm but when we arrived at 12:20 pm the truck was already there and the line was long. I got in line and many people got in line behind me. Below is looking toward the peach truck.

Below is looking behind me at the line stretching to the end of the parking lot. That many people fell into line behind me within minutes.
I was only going to get 2 boxes but an old man was standing with Mark and asked if we would buy him a box too and gave me the cash so we bought 3 boxes. One for him,  one for Joan and one for us. We loaded the old man's first into his car then took the other two boxes across the parking lot to our car. Joan's were dropped off first. These are sweet Georgia peaches. 
The 3 bathrooms in the barn were cleaned and restocked then the sweeping started. Amy came over to drop off a gift for Hannah and Jacob's baby girl Chelise so I could take that to church tonight. We left a little after 6:00 pm. Mike Kaisner had the message, click HERE to watch that. After church we went to Culvers for a late dinner. A big group came but we along with David and Stephanie's family were the first there. The pictures were taken before everyone else arrived.

I'm still working on the laptop as my desktop computer seems to be dead. 





No comments:

Post a Comment