Saturday, July 20, 2024

Busy Day

I ran over to the barn early to get it prepared for the Honegger reunion before going over to mom's house. Mom had just fed the birds and was sitting out on the deck enjoying the morning when I arrived. We enjoyed hearing the singing birds and watching them at the feeder. Below is a juvenile redwing blackbird.
Joan called with an update on their trip. They drove all night with Sean taking the first half of the night and Joan taking the second. She was driving when the the sun started rising from the East. She took the picture below with the sun rising in her mirror from the East and the also glowing on the mountains in the West. 
When she called they were sitting on the banks of Lake Tahoe in California.
Diane stopped over around 1:00 pm and we had a nice visit. For lunch mom had a tomato sandwich from her vine ripened tomatoes. She ate the whole thing not leaving even a taste for me. When I got back to the house Mark helped move in a couple bales. One for Mike's Thoroughbred mares and one in Ribbon's old paddock. Sarah and Nolan's family arrived right then so Nolan helped with the gates.

Sarah saddled up Cookie to give her girls pony rides while Nolan helped me with teasing and getting Jewel covered. I was suspicious she was coming into season yesterday and she is in for sure today. Once she was covered Nolan put her in Evan's paddock while I took Evan to the field. He was pretty thrilled to find out she is going to be his companion for the next few weeks.
By the time we were finished Eden and  River had already had their turns on Cookie and Sarah was giving Zion a lesson.
After Zion was finished Cookie was put away and they went over to swim.
I had to meet a man bringing back a camper and when I got back Mike was busy tacking up Sally, Missy and Cookie for their company.
Madiera, her colt and Jury were up eating on a bale.
By the time I got back to the playground it was past time for supper. Sarah, Nolan, the girls, Mark and I decided to go to Gils for dinner but when we got there the wait was an hour. We were happy to eat at the Warehouse. They have Gils menu but no wait. Everyone was really hungry and was glad when the food arrived quickly.
The onion rings were a big hit with Zion, Eden and River.

We left first as I still needed to go to Sam's club to buy more paper towels for the barn and egg rolls for our dinner tomorrow. I also bought a big watermelon. I arrived at 6:15 pm and walked out at 6:30 pm $100.00 poorer but have exactly what I need both for the barn and our Sunday dinner. As soon as I walked in the door at home the oven was turned on to preheat and 2 cakes were mixed up. They were put in the oven to bake and the vegetables for tomorrow brought out to be chopped.
This picture above is missing the sugar snap peas and the onions. The onions cannot be chopped early they stink up the fridge too much and the peas don't need to be chopped. The chicken was next and by the time that was done I had a full gallon of sliced chicken chunks for stir frying. 
The cake was ready to be taken out of the oven right as I finished with the chicken,. Talk about perfect timing, no wasted time at all.
I just have to clean up the kitchen and must clean the bathroom and take a shower before heading to bed but surely that won't take more than a half an hour. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment