Saturday, July 27, 2024

CrossFit Champion

 Before going to mom's today the apartment was checked, the aircondtioner and lights turned on for the guests coming in today. They are from Pekin, IL so I was surprised they  wanted to come and since the apartment was ready early told them they could move right in. It turned out they were having their pipes cleaned and wanted their 2 dogs out of their house while that was happening and the house is aired out well. They asked for late checkout. When I told them they could but I would need time to clean it they responded "Ok, thank you very much Judith. We will clean up after our self's anyhow. Only thing that will be left to clean is hair really, but that's unavoidable with the dog lol." Umm that really isn't acceptable and I was not happy with that response but the next was even worse.To be honest our dog doesn't do well with strangers. He's a big baby, but when my girlfriend and I changed our life style we avoided old friends. We never had much company, so he never was properly socialized, and this was the result. When we take him out he will be harnessed and muzzled, so no worries. I have no idea what kind of monster they are bringing into the apartment and just pray they never leave the dog unattended. The guests staying at the cowboy cabin were over visiting the horses when I was done with the apartment so I spent some time visiting with them telling them each horse's name and a little history about each one. Mom was out on the deck in the sunshine watching the birds when I arrived. Mark had put the cat food by Karin's car and I noticed the cats did not eat it so moved it up on the deck and called them. They came right up for breakfast. 


After eating the mama cat settled down under a chair to give herself a bath.
Once the kittens were satisfied they started playing on the deck.

They wandered over to where we were sitting and started playing with my shoelaces.

The birds started arriving for their breakfast.


The calico kitten was fascinated with them and was carefully and quietly stalking them.
All to no avail. As soon as she took one more step the birds flew away. The crop duster plane was going right over the house and after the 3rd time mom and I decided it was time to go inside. Today we decided to visit Sweden via a Rick Steve's Travel Vlog. It was very interesting and neither mom nor I had ever seen that one before. For lunch mom wanted a half of a tomato sandwich. That was served with some zucchini Karin had cooked yesterday. It was very good. When Karin got home I took a few more pictures of the surprise lilies in mom's yard.

Mark got the mowing done around our place and also lots of weed whacking. That seems to be a never ending job. I've not seen anything of our guests nor have I heard anything so hopefully things won't be too bad tomorrow. We had a camper come back today.
They dropped it off and notified Joan, not me so I didn't realize it was there until Joan told me. When I got over there found some things that were left.
Joan sent them the picture and told them where they could pick it up. The renter is from Bloomington so not that far to come back. I still have sheets to wash but got the fridge and bathroom cleaned so I have plenty of time to get the sheets washed and back on the beds. The Battle at the Ballpark was held today at Dozer Park. Anna and one of her friends entered the hardest division, the Woman RX which was described as a mix of endurance and strength. This Crossfit competition was fierce today and at the end of it all, her team was just one rep short of winning it all. 
There were 24 teams so in our eyes she IS the crossfit champion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment