Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Celebrating

 Last night around 11:00 pm I was laying in bed enjoying the sound of rain when I remembered Jury is outside. She isn't due for another week but it was pouring and if she would deliver with how our year has been going I was pretty sure the foal would drown so I got out of bed got rain gear on and drove the golf cart up to her paddock in the driving rain. Jury took one look at me in that rain coat carrying a flashlight and ran to the bottom of the paddock just sure I was some kind of monster. I had to go get a bucket and a scoop of grain before she recognized I was her friend. She was more than happy to be stalled. Of course she did not foal during the night and was very glad to get back outside by 6:00 am. After our walk I left for Sam's to pick up some items for mom's house and also bought more paper towels, toilet paper, 2 sizes of paper plates and disposable cups all for the barn. Ruth took mom to the dentist today. Her gold tooth broke off and the dentist wanted to remove the root. There turned out to be 3 roots to that tooth but mom tolerated it fine and the job got accomplished. When they came back, as tonight we are celebrating the independence of our country (a day early here) mom made strawberry jello.

Joan needed to deliver the new motorhome to the Giant Goose Ranch for the people renting it. The old motorhome was taken over to the new barn and plugged in as David, Israel and Elisabet will be camping in that tonight.
I discovered Titus has an infection where the incision was for his gelding operation so called Hoerr Vet clinic then drove there to pick up the sulfa paste he will get for the next 10 days. I was giving him the first dose when Diane's airbnb guest at the cabin came out to visit. She was telling me how she had just driven in when her car stopped working. Mike figured out what the problem was and was able to fix it.
Diane came driving up on the 4 wheeler with water for Mike just has he finished up. It was really hot and humid so the water was appreciated.
Mark and I left for church about 6:10 pm. David had the message tonight. If you want to learn more about Jesus please watch this message by clicking HERE. Before the service started Israel went up and asked his dad to try to keep it short so they could get to the fireworks at the lake. When David got up to preach he mentioned, "someone in my family asked me to keep it short this evening." of course we all had to laugh as we knew exactly who that someone was. Rachel and David along with Ryan and Steven were putting on quite a show tonight. A big group had supper here and at Rachel's and were joined by those of us who went to church.


The sun was setting by the time we had changed and got to the barn and grabbed something to eat.

When we came back outside there was a group taking pictures of the sunset. I joined them as it really was beautiful.
Above is a picture Diane took and below is a picture I took.
The fire works were fun to watch below is a video of them.
We didn't leave right away and now it is very late but what a fun day.














No comments:

Post a Comment