Saturday, October 15, 2022

They Made It

 We had another cold morning and this time the day stayed cold. It warmed up a little from this morning but coats were needed all day when outside.  I walked up to the barn around 7:45 to turn the barn lights off and checked to see if the 5th wheel guests were there. They weren't so when I got back to the house I asked them if they ever made it. The answer came back very quickly, "yes, it was perfect!"  The apartment guests have two horse loving little girls that were thrilled to help me feed the stallions.  They are going to feed them again tomorrow.  Since the 5th wheel guests had left I took the cleaning supplies,  clean sheets and towels and got the 5th wheel ready for the guests coming in today. They wanted early check-in and were pleased when I sent them the message they could check in by 10:30 am. Phil was out working in the barn early. David, Ben and Nolan all arrived to help. David brought Israel and Elisabet. Israel took some tools out to the barn for me so Elisabet and I went to out to see the progress. They were all working on installing the electrical boxes.




Elisabet found a ribbon on a stick to play with.
Elisabet and I went to the house to start baking for our lunch. She helped make wildberry muffins and everyone enjoyed them.
Below is a short video of her careful help.
We also made teriyaki chicken with wild rice and a salad for the guys lunch. They didn't break for lunch until 1:00 pm. I needed to leave at 1:00 pm to meet Rhoda and Stephanie at church to set up for church lunch. Mark left at 1:00 pm to go pick up the 15 trays of croissant sandwiches from Costco. The plan was for him to take them to the front door of church and have us meet him with the carts but he called to report Costco was missing 3 trays. They were making them up while he was waiting. We finally got them delivered to church only to discover they had forgotten ALL of the pesto sauce for the sandwiches. I tried calling but the deli at Costco doesn't have a phone so drove there. They made it up while I waited. I should have brought a cart in with me, the trays they gave me were pretty heavy to carry all the way out of the store and across the parking lot to my car.
We got word that the travelers made it to Gulf Shores. Of course mom needed to go right out onto the balcony.
A few things we didn't consider is that there is a step going from the condo out to the balcony. Thank goodness Dan and Susan were already down there. Dan went dumpster diving for wood then he and Susan made a ramp to get the wheel chair out to the balcony and back inside. Below mom is watching their progress.
Below Susan is cutting the wood for Dan as he measures.
Almost done.
Ruth and Joan both called with items that were forgotten. Diane ended up going over to mom's quite a few times then brought everything over here to be packed into Mark's car. We are driving that down tomorrow right after serving lunch. The lady that stayed in the 5th wheel last week asked if she could come back on Sunday and when I told her there was no one to clean it she offered to do it herself. I have a set of clean sheets and towels for Mark to give her tomorrow afternoon. She is also wanting to come the next week but will give me those dates later. 














No comments:

Post a Comment