Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Creation vs Evolution

 Mark and I left the house at 6:30 am, he in his car and me in mine to take my car to Zanes to get the headlight replaced. Both of us needed to go as I didn't want to walk the 4 miles home from Hanna City. We made it home in time to cook breakfast and still make the walk on time.  The cat still hasn't shown up. The food was taken up first thing and I called and called but no cat. After the walk I went back up to the barn to call and also look for her. An unexpected booking came in for the apartment during the night for today so that was checked and the lights turned on. The lady checking into the 5th wheel was told she could come early and it was pretty cold so the furnace was turned on to make sure it was working. Thankfully it started right up. While in there the television was turned on and a picture taken for the airbnb ad.


Evan was moved into the mare paddock which opens up to the back pasture. He had fun galloping around searching for mare manure to sniff. Those stallions are funny. They search for manure then stand over the pile and poop right on top of the standing pile. Then check to see if I'm watching.
When I made it back into the house the new freezer from Karin was plugged in and cooled and when it was ready the old freezer was emptied into the new freezer. I had to find gloves to finish the job, that frozen meat was freezing my fingers.  The old freezer belongs to Anna and Phil and perfect timing, they need it back.  It couldn't be cleaned though until it had warmed up and the ice melted. At 3:30 pm Rachel, Karin, Berlica and I met at mom's for games. Berlica was my team mate and she could do no wrong. It was so frustrating for the other team that we just had to laugh. We had to quit early as tonight was family night at the fellowship hall. Spark and Rhonda and Marvin and Gail served the supper which was delicious. Chicken breast sandwiches, fresh tomatoes, pickles, baked beans, chips and all kinds of desserts. One of my friends arrived and I was shocked when I looked at her. At first I thought maybe she had surgery on her face as her poor face had all different colors fading into yellow. She was wearing a yellow shirt so her face could match her shirt.  She showed me a picture of her face the day it happened and I'm sharing that here. 
She fell while gardening in her own yard. Thankfully she wasn't knocked out. All that red, black and purple were draining down her cheeks as yellow. She ended up with a big goose egg on her forehead and a broken nose.
  At 6:45 pm we made our way into the building for the message. The beginning of the video below was taken as people were finding their seats.
At the end of the video David had just started his message. He had two bags of legos. One bag was given to Oliver. He was told he had 2 minutes to create something. The other bag was given to Spark, he was taken outside so as not to distract the rest of us and told he was only allowed to shake the bag for 2 minutes. 
When he was let back inside, Spark's bag was dumped and there was nothing. David asked Spark, "if I gave you more time, or maybe if I gave you two bags of legos would that work?" This was well worth watching and for sure needs to be watched by parents of public school children.  IF you would like to watch it click HERE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment