Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Dropping Off Madiera

 A beautiful picture of a foal arrived this morning. Last year a mare named Whiskey was here to be bred to Evan and the owner of Whiskey is THRILLED with what these two produced. I'm thrilled for her. Evan really does produce nice foals.

My phone went off this morning and I could see it was a text but both of my hands were too busy to answer. A bit later it started ringing. It was the lady that was keeping Madiera and she was now ready to be picked up as today is weaning day for Zena. We made arrangements for me to bring the truck and trailer and arrive at 3:00 pm.  That gave me plenty of time to drive to Casey's, fill the gas tank then go inside and order the donuts for Sunday.  We ordered 6 dozen flips, 3 dozen filled iced long johns and 3 dozen white cake donuts with icing and sprinkles. Back at the house the laundry was started then AC Central put on while that was running. Today I listened to Joe Gerber from Champaign. He spoke first on Psalm 88 which is one of the Psalm's from the son's of Korah. Now if you know the story of Korah you would wonder how this could be. Didn't the ground open and swallow Korah and his family? If you want to know the answer just listen to the video below.   

 At 1:00 pm the dishes were all done as was all the laundry. My next job was to head up to the barn and clean up the B&B Bakery. The mud pie bakery is no more. It will be too cold for the little girls to make mud pies and mud cakes. The buckets were cleaned out and taken into the barn and the garbage thrown away.  The truck was hooked up to the trailer, that was pulled out and the trailer cleaned out for the trip to Kickapoo to pick up Madiera.  Her filly is by Valiant and just as beautiful and more than ready to be weaned. Her owners are also VERY pleased.

Madiera loaded up quietly and we were on our way to Middle Grove. Madiera stepped off the trailer, looked back then started sniffing the air for the herd.
She took off galloping up the hill.
I had decided to drop Madiera off and pick up Taylor for Earl Ringger so hiked up the hill carrying the halter and lead rope to find him. By the time I got up the hill Madiera had already settled down and was grazing.
She is the one nearest the camera. Jewel came running up to meet her.
The others were pretty much all lounging around.

I started hiking around checking each mare looking for Taylor but he wasn't in the bunch above. There were 3 bays off toward the top of the hill so I just assumed he was in that group but when I got there they were all mares. I actually checked under each tail just in case. I started hiking looking for a lone horse but after twenty minutes started panicking and called Mike. I turned out that Earl and Mike drove out at 1:00 pm and picked him up.  Thank goodness. I was beginning to think Taylor was one of the weird progressive liberals and had decided to change his gender and became a mare. IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures from Middle Grove click HERE. On the way home the truck was filled with gas, $104.00's worth of gas then I stopped at Diane's office to balance the horsemeister check book, two months needed to be balanced but since we haven't had much activity I was out of there by 5:00 pm. Supper was a quick Mexican dish all made with left overs because we didn't have a lot of time before needing to leave for church. While I was gone Mark got the 2011 trailer winterized. The owners are coming either Friday or Saturday to pick that up. Church was good. Mike Kaisner had the message tonight on the last chapter of second Samuel. 











No comments:

Post a Comment