Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Better than Dumpster Diving

 When walking up to the barn this morning at 7:00 am the moon was still bright in the Western sky. 

The sky was just starting to brighten in the Eastern sky.
After feeding the cat I walked over to the dumpster for our walk. We always have a lot to discuss but today also talked about packing for the trip. Joan is going to pack the van but Ruth is in charge of packing all of the supplies we need for mom. I left after 1 round so I could leave early to go pick up the Berean mail at the Peoria post office. That office really needs a consultant to teach them how to be more efficient. I waited 17 and a half minutes with just 6 people ahead of me and another minute and a half while the only clerk walked to the Berean post office box to bring the box of mail.  Now I can walk the entire length of the building with my bum hip and all in about 30 seconds. By the time I made it to the Berean office the volunteers had all arrived and were waiting for the mail. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.  Skip took the Bibles to the post office today. There was a steady rain when we left the Berean office and I needed to drive to Schnucks to order the glazed croissants for church lunch. They had fried chicken so I bought a thigh for my lunch $1.69 and ate it as soon as I got to the car but it wasn't hot and was over cooked and dried out.  It must be really hard for Schnucks to find good cooks. Karin sent the pictures below. She has moved out of the library and had unloaded all of this into mom's garage then sent a text to the family "lots of little stuff for free in mom's garage. Please come before it goes in the dumpster.






I jumped in the car and headed right over as I had just realized I needed bleach. Ruth was already there.  This was much better than dumpster diving. Karin was convinced not to throw it all in the dumpster until the young marrieds get a chance to come shopping.
When Mark got home we moved a bale in for Valiant. The bale flipped then rolled all the way over and ended up with a little out of the shelter. Mark tried to drag it back but wasn't able to get it done.
It was still raining but didn't seem to be hitting the hay so it was left. 
We needed to go to church tonight by 6:00 pm for the vision meeting but left just before 5:00 pm so we could go out to eat at Hy-Vee. We ordered the manager special which was plenty of food for both of us.
Mark didn't get a receipt so we don't know how much it cost but it was good. We finished and made it to church 5 minutes early. There we divided into 3 groups. The discussion was good but lasted a long time. It is WAY past my bedtime.







No comments:

Post a Comment