Saturday, October 8, 2022

First Frost

 We were both up before 5:00 am and had to wait for the coffee maker. This coffee maker is one of those fancy Kuerg. We finally know how to program it consistently but too many things go wrong when we just try to turn it on.  To learn how to program it we had to watch a youtube video about 5 times to get it right. The other problem is even though we try to get it to brew 12 cups the most it will brew is 8. What an awful coffee maker and yet it was so expensive we just keep using it. Never ever again will be buy this brand. We had a hard frost on the car windows this morning and I went up to the barn in the pitch dark to turn off the barn lights. I  had just scraped a small area in order to see the way. Phil was already out in the new barn with a flashlight. It was my turn to be with mom today. Since Phil and Anna were here working the girls came in to be with me at great grandma's house. Grandma got her hair brushed and then braided. 

A bit later we all played Mexican Train. Mom played just a few rounds then decided to sit in her recliner so the girls and I finished the game. Ruth stopped in and grabbed some tomatoes to take back out for the campers.  It sounds like everyone camping are having a blast.
When Karin came home I took the time to grab some food for tonight and meet my guests that are staying in the apartment.
Their two girls drew the pictures below. They are both of Evan.
They had framed them and I think they are good enough to hang up for everyone to see. I forgot to ask how old the girls are. They are a home schooling family with talent.  
After supper mom wanted to soak in the hot tub so Karin said she could take over. Another good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment