Friday, March 4, 2022

Thankful For Family

 My day started early, well 3:47am to be specific but not because I wanted to. I heard Mark getting coffee at that time, opened my eyes and it was light so I thought it must be morning. Nope, not only was he making noise, Mark had the kitchen lights on.  I couldn't go back to sleep.  Not good and I was not happy, although after a couple cups of hot coffee I forgave him.  At 7:00 am the apartment was given a once over, the lights turned on the the heat turned up to 72 degrees for the guest coming in today before heading over to meet Diane for the walk. After the walk it was my turn at mom's and I spent the day there. Mom had a good night and a very good day. We got some walking in, lots of leg exercises. Jessica arrived with a plate full of just baked, still warm delicious chocolate chip cookies.  She also came to work with mom's arm.

Jessica has a wonderful talent of relaxing that arm. After Jessica left mom was able to bring her arm up to her mouth and back.  We will keep working on that.  As tonight was Friday night Mark brought supper in. He picked up a meat lovers pizza with extra bacon from Avanti's and a rice dish and a chicken and pea pod dish from the Vietnamese restaurant and added a shrimp and crab dish from home.  All was delicious. Joan's family joined us for dinner and after dinner we played games. I'm so thankful for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment