Saturday, March 26, 2022

Busy Saturday

 It was my turn to be at mom's at 7:15 am so I headed up early to move Irish and feed the cat. We had a quiet day at mom's but while she was sleeping was able to get all the laundry done and clean sheets on all of the beds. Mark had help today. Bill and Bethany are in town and Bill came over to help Mark on the driveways except they were frozen. It was really cold this morning and was only 32 degrees outside later this morning. The sun was shining and we were hopeful we could sit out on the deck but it was just too cold. Instead of road work they split and stacked more wood on the trailer to take over to Ruth and Fedi's house. 

The trailer is now almost 3/4ths full. Mark will be finishing that next week and hauling it over.  Ruth came over around 3:00 pm and wanted me to stay while she had mom walk. We are no longer walking with her unless there is someone else there to bring the wheel chair behind just in case.  I know the picture below looks weird.

The explanation is Ruth wanted her right leg, which is her strong leg to be a little lifted so she didn't have to pick up that left as much and good swing it forward easier.  She put a lift in the black shoe and put it on. It worked, mom was able to walk from her chair almost to the kitchen table. I left at 3:30 to come home and do my laundry. With all the rain this week I had 3 full loads of muddy clothes to wash and the worst is I made most of them.  This evening Irish was brought back inside and the arena cleaned up.  My last load is in the dryer. The hamburger for tomorrow's haystack meal is already browned and the vegetables cut up.  Now I just have to do a load of dishes and then I can rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment