Tuesday, March 22, 2022

House Wrecker

 Before heading inside last night just before dark I happened to look up. The sky was strange with a big dark long cloud that almost looked like a tornado. 

Those clouds issued in storms later.
We had quite a storm last night with a lot of wind. There were branches down on the drives for our walk. There were also lots of big fat night crawlers on the drives. Ruth looked down and saw a crawdad crossing the road. She picked it up and threw it down toward the lake, it was going to get crushed on the road. 
I left early after the walk so I could take our flat snow tire in to Riekers before heading to the Berean office.  I left in plenty of time but what I didn't know was the exit going West onto 474 was closed. The detour took me East which was all backed up with traffic going less than 20 miles an hour. By the time I got to the airport exit and back on the interstate going West I almost didn't have enough time to stop at Riekers. When I arrived though Eddie was walking to the door so he took the tire and I was able to get back on the road and make it to the Berean office 10 minutes early.  Of course almost everyone coming for the morning were already there waiting for the mail.  If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. On the way home I stopped at the Hanna City post office to drop off the 2 boxes of Bibles going out today.  It wasn't too much later after I arrived at home that Karin sent a video via text showing mom driving her new wheels.  Ruth bought her a motorized scooter and they were teaching her how to drive it. I made dinner and took it over to mom's about 4:30 pm. Mom was still in the scooter so we didn't eat dinner until close to 5:30 pm.  I asked mom if she wanted to say the pray and she started out by thanking God for the day then asking Him to keep her from wrecking the house. At that point she started laughing so hard Karin and I burst out laughing too.  We sure laugh a lot at her house. We had a good evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment