Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Bad Breath

 It was 19 degrees outside so on the walk we all dressed in winter coats. I even wore gloves.  The day warmed up nicely later into the 40s.  The walk was cut a little short as Diane and Ruth both needed to leave early.  I picked up Aunt Jinnie at 8:15 am and headed to the Berean office. Today we beat everyone there. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. We stopped at the Bartonville post office to drop off the Bibles on the way home. There were 29 Bible requests today which is too many for me to carry inside at the Hanna City post office. The Bartonville post office has a loading dock which makes it much easier. After Aunt Jinnie was dropped off I went in to change, have a quick lunch before heading out to move horses.  Sheena and Dancer's paddock would need a new bale of hay OR I could just move them in with Sally and Rockaway. I chose to move the horses but that meant I needed to stay and watch to make sure they would all remember to get along.  They had been together but it has been a few months and of course they need to re-establish the pecking order. Below is Sheena and Dancer standing together. 

They all did some running. I was most impressed with Rockaway and realized I really need to get a new video of him. He has a HUGE trot. By the time I thought to take a video they had all settled down.

Once they were fine the cat was fed and I headed over to mom's arriving about 3:00 pm. Joan had taken mom to Nancy's meeting this morning and mom was pretty tired from the trip.  We watched the eagle cam for a bit. Both mom and Aunt Jinnie enjoy watching this.

 Later we watched Ben Carson's movie "Gifted Hands"  I HIGHLY recommend that movie. Diane arrived just as dinner was on the table to take over for the evening.  When I went out to get in my car I noticed the parking lot ONLY had Prius cars in it.

Diane's car is teal, Karin's is white and mine is the blue one. With the terrible gas prices happening it looks like we may be prepared at least some. Gas hit $4.59 today all over Peoria and here. WHY won't Biden encourage American oil?  Just think a little more than 14 months ago we were energy independent and gas was under $2.00 a gallon. I went home and made a salad with strips of roasted chicken and fried onion rings. We are both going to have bad breath tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment