Monday, March 14, 2022

Another Trip To Middle Grove

 With the time changed I was the only one that showed up on time at our meeting place for the walk. Ruth made it one minute late. She finally called Diane who had over slept.  Joan was coming up the hill as we were heading down.  We finally did all get together and had a good walk.  I left right after that for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. Karin had sent a list of needed items at mom's house so I stopped at Aldi on the way home. After dropping off the groceries the next job was to drive to Middle Grove to see if there was any change in Irish's udder. I had a strange ride out.  When I turned onto 116 there was a truck coming up behind me so I made sure to be far enough in front that the driver couldn't complain about a slow poke Prius. At Farmington instead of turning right to keep on 116 I went the back way and was shocked to find that truck that was following did the same thing. My next turn was at the cemetery and again that truck made the same turn along with the next 4 turns always staying about the same distance behind.  It was probably a co-incidence but instead of taking a chance on those barren back roads I put the pedal to the metal and started speeding going over 65 mph then made a quick turn onto Middle Grove road which is down a hill and out of sight of those truck lights before slipping into the turn at the far gate. That turn is pretty hidden. I thought maybe it might be one of my nephews that live out this way but didn't really want to take a chance. I could see the horses in the big field which was good, there was no searching, just lots of hiking. Lily was the first to greet me.

Each mare was checked over and given attention today. The weather was beautiful almost 60 degrees so I took plenty of time checking each mare out.
Irish's udder is starting to fill but not enough that I needed to drive home and grab the truck and trailer.  I'll check her again on Wednesday. 
It was kind of hard getting under that big belly for a picture.
Below is Oksana and Irish.
If you would like to see the rest of the pictures from this morning click HERE. On the hike back a blue heron was flying over the lake. Since the camera was out the picture was snapped.
I made it home by 11:30 am and did some baking before heading to mom's at 3:50 pm to relieve Joan. They were STILL doing school work.
We had lasagna tonight for supper along with French bread and salad and of course mom, Karin, Aunt Jinnie and Mark were the Guinea pigs for the dessert I baked. They all pronounced it good so I will make it again. Tonight there was a neat email from the lady that bought Zalena. She sent a picture of Zalena's daughter by Evan taken on her birthday. She is already 15.3 hands so is going to be a tall mare when full grown. Below is Marra.















No comments:

Post a Comment