Sunday, March 13, 2022

Communicating HIS Love

 Joan was a little late bringing mom to church today. Just as she was picking up mom, her phone rang and it was the renter in Gulf Shores. They had no electricity. Well that turned out to be the power company problem. We had a really wonderful day in church. Tim Funk had the morning message and Craig Stickling the afternoon.  As soon as we got home the ribs were put in the crock pot and the potatoes started. Once they were in the oven Mark and I went out to move a new bale in the mare paddock.  It was nice and warm but the ground still frozen so that went quickly.  Once back inside the tables were set for dinner. We had 12 at the adult table and 10 at the kids table but served 27.

The afternoon was so nice that some of the kids at during the second shift. After dinner came the birthday party for Braelyn and Eden. 

When Zion walked in I was a little shocked, her hair was cut. Turned out she found some scissors in her van and cut her hair by herself on the trip out here.  Anna tried to help by trimming but time will have to help some of it. It is just hair and will grow back.
The evening was so nice the big kids went out with Lee to play baseball in the field while the younger kids did crafts inside.




Rhoda saw that my toenails needed to be trimmed. Philip found some safety glasses for this big job.

Thankfully the job got done without any injuries. We sure had a good laugh at that.  If intrested in seeing the rest of the pictures from tonight click HERE. I also made a short video.
The volley ball players left for the games. This is their last week to rent the gym in Hanna City. Hopefully the weather will start co-operating for outdoor volley ball soon. Joan and her kids had quite an experience. Each year on Joshua and Gabriel's birthdays they meet at the cemetery, write notes on balloons and send them up.  Yesterday was Gabriel's 18th birthday and it has been 13 years since the motorcycle accident that took his life.  Today when they got home from church there was a message from someone from Indiana.  I'm copying what Joan AND the caller wrote: So every year on the anniversaries of Gabriel and Joshua’s birthdays, we send balloons up and we all write on them. Sometimes the kids will write a phone number on for someone to call if they find the balloons. We’ve had people call from as far away as Missouri. Today when I got home from church I had a voicemail from somebody in Indiana. I googled the location and it was a little over 180 miles away. I called her back and after chatting for a little while she shared some of her own story and then she told me she posted on Facebook about it so this is her post on Facebook. Our God is truly amazing and He can use the craziest ways to communicate His love.

•13 years ago today Tony Q went to live with Jesus. The loss is not as acute as it once was but I still miss him immeasurably. Mostly, I wish he could see how awesome Bryan Quarterman and Kayla D. Collins are and I wish he was here to love on and cheer on Kyndall, Colton, and Brynnlee.
•Early this morning Brad went outside just in time to watch this balloon bouquet land in our yard. He brought them inside and I noticed there were names and messages written on them. Apparently another family lost their loved one 13 years ago too. Coincidence? I think not.
•God is using these balloons to remind me that I don’t grieve alone but I don’t heal alone either. Thank you Jesus for healing my broken heart and reminding me that I’m not alone.
•There was a phone number on one balloon. I’ve left a message but haven’t heard back yet to hear Gabriel’s story. Looks like God sent balloons all the way from Peoria, IL to Verne, IN.

•UPDATE: I was able to have a sweet conversation with Gabriel's mother. She told me that Gabriel was killed in an accident on their way to church in Haiti where his parents served as missionaries. Gabriel was 5 years old and yesterday would have been his birthday. The balloons originated in the Peoria IL area.








No comments:

Post a Comment