Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Stay On the Wall

 Another cold morning. Mark got the fire started early. It was hard to leave the warm house for the cold walk.  Diane stayed with mom last night and they had a fun evening filled with laughter. We are so glad when we see mom enjoying herself. After the walk I left for Sam's club for groceries and picked up some of their delicious barbeque ribs which will be served for Sunday dinner.  I also picked up a box of spring mix for the salad that night. Sam's had the 8 ounce styrofoam cups we needed at Berean. The last time we needed cups they only had the 20 ounce cups and those are much too big. I was glad they had the 8 ounces size but they came in a box of 1000 cups. The good news is they were only 2 cents a cup, the bad news or maybe this is good news too, we won't need to buy cups for YEARS.  With gas going so high I need to figure out how to combine the trips to Middle Grove. The big horse trailer could be taken so I can fit more horses in with each trip but that means much more walking for me as that trailer can't be hauled over the hills there.  If interested in seeing what the winter pasture looks like check out the video below. This was taken when we were moving the herd from the summer pasture into the winter pasture. 

By the way that is Emily riding Sally and Mike riding Mika and Matt (Anni's husband, Emily's brother) on the 4 wheeler in the video. When Mark got home from work we started moving the aquaponic system out of the basement and into the yard.  With inflation already at an all time high and headed higher we will need to start growing our own vegetables. I usually just put in a couple tomato plants but Mark wants to put in a big garden. That is something I was never going to do as growing up in a big family we had a huge garden and instead of play time we had weeding, then harvesting, canning and freezing.  I didn't appreciate that back then but maybe have grown up enough to appreciate it now. With these high high fuel prices I decided to do some research. IS America really running out of oil?  I don't think so. America now holds the world's largest recoverable oil reserve base- more than Saudi Arabia or Russia, it's time these left wing green people move out of the way. Don't believe me? CLICK HERE.
Mark drove my car to church this evening and noticed that the car was going to need gas soon so offered to fill it on the way home. Dave Obergfel had the message on Nehemiah rebuilding the wall. The message of the night was don't quit what you are called to do. Stay on the WALL! Of course that entire sermon was directed directly at me.  The barn needs to get finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment