Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Not Even FULL

 We were both up WAY to early this morning. Mark had the coffee maker going before 3:00 am and I finally got up at 3:30 am just to make sure I got a cup of coffee. I'm not sure how to solve these coffee wars. Maybe we need to have TWO coffee makers in this house just to keep the peace. As soon as it got light enough outside to see we could see 2 of the horses in the wrong field. We must have a section of fence down between those fields. Dancer was where she belonged but Sally and Rocky were not. Both were laying down sleeping when I came to move them back.  The cat was fed and by then it was time for our walk.  Joan couldn't come as Co-op was starting the achievement testing and they had to leave early for that.  Diane and I quit a little early as I needed to pick up Aunt Jinnie by 8:15 am for our Berean morning. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.  The Bibles were dropped off at the Hanna City post office on our way home then I dropped off Aunt Jinnie before driving up to the barn, parking the car up there and taking the truck and trailer down to the house. Rizzy was let out then brought back in before heading to Congerville with the truck and trailer.  The trailer was left at Corbley's for the wiring repair. On the way home the gas gauge of the truck was down to a quarter of a tank so I kept checking gas stations all along the way and the way back. The cheapest station was on Airport rd at $4.45 a gallon so stopped there to fill up.  I was NOT able to fill up the truck. The pump stopped working as soon as it hit $99.00. 

I was disappointed to find the gas gauge was only about 80% full after spending almost a hundred bucks. Shocking that one can't fill a truck for less than a hundred bucks. As I was driving Diane sent some links of the on-line training needed for those of us who are Nancy's guardians. I was able to get that done and took the certificate of training with me when I drove to Diane's office to sign papers.  I made it home in time to catch Phil and Anna working on the barn.
Mark had their girls out loading the trailer.
He left to bring the tractor back so he could split even more wood. The load above is going to Ruth and Fedi's house. 
By this time it was after 4:00 pm and I still needed to make dinner for mom's house as I was on at 5:00 pm. I was a couple minutes late but the supper turned out nice. We started with a bowl of creamy chicken and wild rice soup before enjoying our Parmesan covered fried chicken pieces served with fried rice, green beans, egg rolls and a salad with all the fixens.  For dessert we had the left over cake from our Berean treat.  Mom was pretty tired this evening and she wanted to start getting ready for bed at 7:00 pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment