Thursday, March 17, 2022

First Time for Dancer

 It was not as warm this morning for our walk and Diane came out with a winter coat on and gloves. Ruth showed up with no coat, I just had a sweat shirt on and Joan a medium weight jacket.  We were all fine.

It is just that Diane is used to Gulf Shores weather and Joan is used to Haiti weather. Ruth and I are complete Midwesterners. After the walk Mike and Diane helped load Sheena for the trip to Middle Grove. When we pulled up Sheena neighed and the herd came galloping over the hillside like a wave of horses. I only wished I'd had the video camera. If they would have stayed below greeting  Sheena all would have been well but Sheena took off and the herd followed her up and over the hill and they were gone. That meant a hike for me to go get Irish. When I finally reached them the video below was taken with Irish following me. After taking that Irish was taken down to the trailer.
Irish was put in the Middle paddock as I wanted to make sure I could be around before putting her in with Sally, Dancer and Rocky.  My next job was to drive to Zane's in Hanna City to ask them about the truck fuses and the horse trailer lights. When the truck lights were on the trailer lights were not. When the right blinker was on, all the truck lights were flashing. When the left blinker was put on, nothing on the trailer would come on. Zane's told me to bring both the truck and trailer in on Wednesday. They are also going to show me how to replace fuses on the truck. I'm thankful they are willing to work with me.  My next job was to drive to church and pick up Aunt Jinnie from quilting. Her watch had stopped and she thought she needed a new battery so we drove to the Walmart on Allen road to buy that but it turned out the battery was good so instead we bought mint ice cream for our meal on Friday and rye bread and sauerkraut for leftovers of the Friday meal. That is if we have any corned beef left over, we would like to make Rueben sandwiches. When we got back to mom's everyone was having lunch on the deck in the beautiful warm sunshine.
After lunch Joan and her family left for the dentist and I stayed with mom and Aunt Jinnie. Mark picked up Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley and took them over to the wood pile in the far field. Those girls helped him split wood and stack it on the trailer. They worked wonderfully. We are thrilled to have help from grand daughters. This wood will be hauled over to Ruth and Fedi's house next week after the rain ends.  When Diane arrived I headed over to the barn as Mike and Berlica were there introducing Dancer to a rider.
Rocky was getting a tying lesson at the breeding stand.
Mike had Sally loose so I let Irish loose also.
Dancer did VERY well with Berlica.
In the video above you can see Rocky at the stand waiting. 
Mike took Dancer and Sally over to the cabin to saddle up then took them over to the outdoor arena.
Below is his very first ride on Dancer. The second went even better.
I put Irish in with Rocky. Irish put him in his place quickly.
by chasing him away from the bale so she could have the entire bale to herself.
Once the horses were fine I went in to make supper. After supper I was working on the blog when the sound of neighing horses and thundering hooves filled the air. The 4 in the paddock had escaped and were running down the yard to the drive. Black horses are VERY hard to see in the dark. Thank goodness for Irish! She was easy to see,  waited for me and all of the others followed as I led her into to the middle paddock.  Only then did I start searching for a break in the fence. There wasn't any, the gate was open instead. I'm not sure if one of the horses was playing with the chain or it just hadn't been latched but one of them pushed it open and they all had a good time galloping around the yard. I'm just glad they didn't head down the drive and out onto the road. This was a very busy day.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment