Monday, March 28, 2022

Great Hunters

 Ruth got amazing news this morning. Fedi will be going in to have his new hip put in April 8th. Before that can happen though she has a lot of appointments to take him, once all is checked out it will be a go. She wasn't able to walk this morning and not because of Fedi. Three of her grandchildren spent the night.  Diane and I walked to Joan's house said good by to Bill, Bethany and their children then Joan joined us to finish the walk.  I needed to be at the airport by 9:50 am to pick up Aunt Jinnie who was just getting back from Hawaii. It was only 24 degrees this morning, MUCH colder than where she was although by the time I picked her up it was up to 32 degrees.  As I still needed to head down to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail and offered to pick up what ever was needed at mom's house. Joan gave me the list but I stopped at Dollar General first to pick out a birthday card for Karin, my youngest sister who happens to be almost exactly 20 years younger than me.  The next stop was Kroger for everything else on the list. Kroger had fried chicken so picked up some thighs but those won't be eaten until tomorrow. As soon as I got home and clothes changed horses were moved so bales could be put in. Today 3 bales were moved, one in the mare paddock, one in Evan's paddock and one in the far paddock. Irish was put in there as that paddock is dry. The mares were let out back and once the bale was moved in they did not want to come back in so I left them out for the night. They will need to be locked up tomorrow as the grass is much to short.  Evan was tied with a bucket of grain so his bale could be moved in. Phil arrived as I was moving bales to work on the barn. I needed to be at mom's at 5:00 pm with dinner so brought over all the left overs and served mom, Aunt Jinnie and Mark haystacks. Mom and Aunt Jinnie liked them and Mark didn't mind eating that 2 days in a row. Mom was really tired today after her big day yesterday and was in bed by 8:00 pm. Karin arrived right about then so I was free to go. I'm going to enjoy my bed in a few minutes. I didn't take any pictures today but yesterday took a couple pictures of the dogs busy hunting for rabbits. Below is Rizzy, David and Steph's dog and Pax, Phil and Anna's dog.


Both are great hunters. Now that we don't have a dog the rabbits are everywhere. Pax and Rizzy were having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment