Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Rocky

 I overslept this morning. That was because mom and Aunt Jinnie were watching a documentary on Pearl Harbor and when I got home Mark was watching a movie on Dunkirk (Another violent WWII movie).  The scenes of how horrible this war was just wouldn't leave my mind and I know I didn't get more than 4  hours of sleep.  I made it to the walk on time which was good. After the walk I left for Middle Grove to check on Irish.

She is a little more bagged up today than on Monday so I will bring her home tomorrow.  She isn't due until April 6th but last year delivered exactly 2 weeks early. It was so peaceful out there. The mares were all either dozing in the sunshine or grazing. I didn't have my camera but used my phone for the pictures and videos.

IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures from this trip to Middle Grove click HERE. As soon as I got back from Middle Grove the horses here were let out into the field so I could get a few pictures of Rockaway (barn name Rocky) along with a video so I can post a few ads. Dancer was first out of the gate. She has 25% Thoroughbred blood in her and loves to race.

Sheena also had a ball running.
The video below shows how glad they were to run.
Rocky needed to be groomed so once they were back in their paddock he was taken out and taken into the barn for a grooming.
He did so well with that he was taken into the outdoor arena for some glamour shots.
He will be a year old April 26th and is already quite tall. He also moves very nicely.

He also has a decent amount of hair.
Below is a short video of his movement.
I didn't have any help in asking him to move and he had so much fun earlier galloping around in the field so the trot isn't as impressive as it can be.  This colt is available for purchase. He will be an amazing family horse but also has enough presence to make a good show horse. He likes to jump and could also excel in pony club if someone wanted to put the time and training into him.  He is very sensible so will also do well on trails. Did I mention he is ONLY $4000.00 and he already has a year on him.  He leads, loads and stands tied, is registered with FHHI papers are in hand and has a current coggins (within 12 months). When he was put back in with the mares I left for Diane's office to reconcile the Horsemeister check book. That was very well. I made a 3 cent mistake but that was the only mistake of the month. This evening was church.  Gregg Rumbold had the message on Timothy 2.  He was a brave man reading that chapter and did a really good job explaining. 
I had a message tonight from a friend of a friend who bought one of Lola's fillies by Valiant. They have not seen any pictures of Lola in the Middle Grove pictures and wanted to make sure she is ok.  The answer is Lola has a new home. Her new owner is very pleased with her and excited to see what she will have this year.  I just can't keep them all.  Galena also has a new home (just in case anyone is wondering) as does Hadassah. 










No comments:

Post a Comment