Monday, April 26, 2021

Working Day

 I slept until 6 am giving me a total of 3 hours of sleep. That was ok for a while but by afternoon I was dragging. We all had to stop and see Lola's brand new colt on our walk.

We have a new way for mom, instead of her walker which she has to push up hills and that makes her hands go numb, she just hangs on to two of us girls. She is walking faster and we are covering more ground this way. After the walk I left for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail for tomorrow and from there drove to East Peoria to get the oil changed in my car at East Peoria Tire and Vulcanizing. When that was done the next job was a trip to Sam's club for diapers for River then to Hanna City to pick up mom and finally by noon we made it to Sarah and Nolan's house to meet our brand new grand daughter or in mom's case her brand new GREAT grand daughter which brings the number of GREATS to 75.
I was really dragging by the time we got home and after cleaning Lola's stall and refilling her water buckets and hay I was more than ready for a nap on the couch. I only had an hour to rest as I wanted to be down at the shop to pick up the gooseneck flat bed trailer at 4:00 pm. When I got home Mark had an entire crew here working on rocks, driveways and lawns. 
Above Mackenson is mowing the front yard and below Faith is mowing up by the horses.
Bryce and Reece were working on the drives. Mark had them using the small Kubota while he used the skid steer hauling rock and dirt. I made it to Middle Grove at 5:30 pm. Mike pulled up with the tractor loaded on his trailer. Below he is unloading the tractor.
He went right to work loading bales, 11 on my trailer first.
As soon as mine was loaded I left for Hanna City and he loaded another 11 bales on his trailer. I had all of mine put away and Lily teased and covered by Valiant before he arrived with his trailer. By this time it was 8:00 pm and starting to get dark. We decided to unload his in the morning. I still needed to get Lola's stall cleaned for the night. Her colt is galloping around the stall. They will need to get outside tomorrow for updated pictures. It is too late now to work on the birthing video so after Berean tomorrow and after I drop the flatbed trailer off at the shop I'll work on that. Today really was a working day.






No comments:

Post a Comment