Thursday, April 8, 2021

Getting Grace Ready

 We got a decent amount of rain last night, so much so that the roads were muddy in places. Mom's walker wheels got caked with clay along with our shoes. Joan left for Bluffton, Indiana today in the motorhome. She will be camping at Bill and Bethany's place for the next few days.

The kids were excited to try it out.  When I got home this afternoon the 2 horse trailer was hooked up to the truck and then backed into the indoor arena.  Grace, Irish's 2020 leaves tomorrow for her home and because of the rain we have lots of mud, she really needed a bath. It was much to cold today for that but I figured I could at least hose off her legs. She was brought into the barn, loaded a couple times once using treats and once just asking her to step in.
We really need a few updated pictures of her before she leaves but not if she is muddy. She is really sweet, has thick curly tail and double sided curly mane and thick long feather. Her owner is going to love her. The picture of her below was taken March 9th, 2021.
Both times she just followed me right into the trailer. She was tied and the hose hooked up to the hot water only to find the hose was broken from the winter. I drove down to the house and picked up my other hose then hooked up 3 more 25 footers to get her legs washed off. She stood reasonably well but I got pretty wet trying to get all the mud off. She was loaded one more time then put back in the paddock. Tomorrow hopefully she won't be too muddy but it is spitting rain right now. It was only about 50 degrees and by the time I finished I was chilled to the bone. Right about then I had an inquiry on the apartment so got the electric heater, plugged that in, sat down by the computer to answer when it all went black. The heater blew a fuse. That was unplugged and I went down the basement thinking the breaker could just be flipped but couldn't find any breakers that weren't working. Then I remembered Mark told me there was a fuse box behind the furnace. I thought he meant the crawl space under the family room so crawled into that looking for the fuse box but no luck. The fuse box was behind a pipe of the furnace in the original cellar of the house. Mark got home around that time and we got the outlet working, the person booked the apartment and supper was made.  Today we had stir fry made with fresh vegetables, chicken, polish sausage and rice served with hot tea. Mark remarked that it was delicious. After quilting mom stopped and picked up 2 tomato plants for me. We are going to plant them next to the patio around the middle of May so it will be my job to keep them alive in the house until then. A starling fell into the living room wood burner. Emma had to help to get it out, the poor thing flew into a window before I caught it and let it go outside.  The lady that bought Madiera's 2019 colt by Evan sent the picture below of him getting a bath today.
He is now living the good life in warm sunny Arizona. Didn't he turn out beautiful! We bred Madiera back to Evan and she is due June 12th 2021. Hope we get another just as gorgeous.



2 comments: