Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Emergency Room

 Mark was using the chainsaw this afternoon at 4 15 p.m. he dropped the chainsaw on his leg and cut it. It needed stitches so I drove him to Saint Francis in Peoria. We arrived at 5 p.m. and are still here waiting for stitches at 11:38 p.m will update tomorrow morning.  UPDATE:  Mark didn't get finished at the ER until 12:45 am  I had fallen asleep by that time, he walked out to the car and knocked which woke me up in a hurry. The entire 7 hours and 45 minutes I had to stay out in the car. At the ER no one is allowed to be in with the patient. Martha Kay, Stephanie's mom was up visiting Stephanie who is staying another night in the hospital and came down to visit with me which used up some of the time. She gave me the updates on Steph. I'm so very glad she is staying her blood count is still low and the ct scan showed a pretty big hematoma on the incision of the intestine which is tugging at things causing the pain. Time is the only help on this, the body will absorb it but meanwhile it is painful.   Getting back to our day, I had to run to the cardiologist for lab work as that has to be done before the main appointment next month. When I got home Rosalie was teased and covered by Evan. Then Lily and Irish were let into the field with their foals and Rosalie with her filly were introduced. This has to be done in the large field so that meant I needed to stay and watch. Of course I LIKE watching the reaction of mares and how curious the foals are of the other foals.

They start WAY far apart and then slowly get closer.
I had fun watching Rosalie's filly have the zoomies galloping around the round pen.
When I was convinced all would be well I went in to clean the stalls. IF you would like to see the rest of the foal pictures from this morning click HERE.  I heard a big truck coming up the drive and assumed it was something to do with Mike and Diane's solar system going up but it wasn't. The new barn trusses were being delivered.
The truck was huge these trusses to haul were 15 feet wide and 72 feet long. The truck had rollers and they just rolled right off. Above is the very talented driver.

Above are Doug the builder and the driver of the truck. The truck was reduced to normal size. Check out how in the video below:    
Below he is driving out with an empty truck.

Mark was sent pictures to let him know. Joan brought her crew over to start work on the big tree down at the building site. Mark came home with a couple tanks of diesel exactly when it was needed and went out to help taking his chain saw. All of a sudden I felt the urge to head out to the site so  jumped up from the desk, jumped on to the golf cart to see Mark limping back. He had dropped the chain saw on his leg and cut it. It wasn't terrible for for sure needed stitches as it was gaping quite a bit. We headed down to St. Francis (only because that is where our insurance is) got there at 5:00 pm and didn't get home until 1:15 AM!  Below is his all fixed up leg.
Honestly at one point I thought of calling Dr. Hoerr to see if he would stitch him up but Mark sent a text they were heading to X-Ray so couldn't get him out. I didn't suggest to Mark that I wanted to call the vet BUT Dr. Hoerr would have done a better job of stitching in a LOT less time! Now you know the rest of the story. 








No comments:

Post a Comment