Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Snow in April

 The rain/snow mix held off until 5:30 am and then there wasn't any rain just snow. Lola and Soul were let out into the paddock but the mares and foals in the indoor arena were left inside. We walked in the snow. Mom and I left early for Berean as I needed to drop the truck off at Peoria Tire and Vulcanizing to get the oil changed and tires rotated. The interstate driving was slow, the snow was coming down pretty hard. Mom followed, picked me up and we drove to the Berean office arriving at 8:55 am and just about everyone was already there waiting for the mail. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I took the picture below from that office. 

The temperature was hovering around 33 or 34 degrees but on the way home started moving up enough to turn the snow into rain. Mom took me to get the truck and from there I went to Meisters to pick up a check then to CEFCU to deposit that before heading down to the Bartonville post office to drop off the Bibles. From there I stopped at Kroger to pick up a few items.  By the time I got home it was after 1:30 pm but still rain mixed with rain coming down. The stalls were cleaned and freshly bedded then I started on the indoor. Those mares made quite a mess. About 4:00 pm the snow/rain mix stopped and the mares and foals were let out. They were thrilled to be free and took off galloping down into the field. We had bbq ribs and salad for supper tonight. After supper Mark went to take the flat tire off mom's Kubota but before he left I noticed the golf cart had a flat. That was filled up and I went to mom's for games but by the time I got to mom's the tire was flat again. It must be a very bad leak. Tonight Rhonda, Ruth, Joan, mom and I played and it was a fun competitive game. Ruth smeared us all with about 200 more points then the nearest competitor. After that mom served us all some chocolate pie made from cooked pudding. It was really delicious!
A picture was posted of Adara on Facebook. Adara is Zalena's filly by Valiant and one I really wanted to keep but someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. 
She was born April 10th, 2016. She turned out beautifully.




No comments:

Post a Comment