Sunday, April 18, 2021

Another Super Sunday

 I had a scare this morning, I saw Galena laying down but didn't think too much of that but an hour later she was still laying down. I was already ready for church but walked out to check. She rolled up onto her chest but didn't stand. She didn't seem to be in distress so I left to go brush mom's hair. When I got back she was again flat on the ground. This time I took 10 cc's of banimine out. When she saw me crawl through the fence in my Sunday dress, she stood up. She didn't seem sweaty or in distress but I couldn't really take a chance as we were going to be gone until close to 2:00 pm. The banimine was given under her tongue. She mouthed it awhile then ambled over to where Evan was standing and stood there not eating but also not laying down or rolling. It may have been nothing but I felt better leaving her after she had a muscle relaxer. We had a wonderful time in church. David had the first service. I've posted that below: 

Lunch was truly the 2nd service. There was so much visiting going on that a lot of people were almost late coming into the sanctuary for the (third) service which Tim Roecker had. We left pretty quickly after that service so I could get home to check on Galena. She was fine so more than likely she was just enjoying a long drawn out nap.  Our airbnb guests left while we were gone. Anna checked out the apartment, removed the garbage, loaded up the laundry then told me it really was left very clean. That ended up being a very good thing. More about that later. Everyone came for dinner tonight except Stephanie, Rhoda, Lee and Iris. After dinner we all ended up at the playground for volleyball. I only took one picture of one of the games as the grandkids wanted to go on an adventure.

Everyone loaded up on the golf cart and off we went first to let the mares and foals out in the big field and of course take pictures of them. Below is Lily and her filly.  They were the first to come when I called them.
The next out was Irish and her colt.


Last out was Rosalie and her filly.

Below is Rosalie's filly, she had gone back inside then came out to the field again. She is quite independent.
The reason I took so many of Irish's colt is we need to have the markings all drawn in for the registration papers.
Pax came on the trip to.
Next we went to the playground where the golf cart was parked next to the trampolines so they could jump off. Even the little ones were brave enough.
From there we went to find the new trails and the big kids had to cross the pipes carefully.
The younger ones stayed on the golf cart.
The older ones ran back to the playground and found wonderful throwing sticks and some were even strong enough for sword fighting.

If you would like to see the rest of the pictures from today click HERE. Spark and Rhonda came over and built the fire and of course Spark had to play with the kids. The volleyball games were fun. I had just gotten back from taking the grands on a golf cart ride when my phone alerted me that we had an instant booking for the apartment AND they were already there. Anna and I ran over quickly to explain we didn't have it quite ready. Anna made up the bed and gave them some supplies but they were pleased with how it looked and thrilled to find our place. They had reservations at another airbnb that got canceled at the last minute with a sewer problem. They said the apartment worked out better for them anyway and were glad to be here. 











No comments:

Post a Comment