Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Shower

 Mom was not able to walk and we are not sure when she WILL be able to. She is not able to use her left arm or hand.  After the walk I drove to the DMV in Pekin as we also needed groceries and Pekin has an Aldi. Not sure exactly where that was I was using the GPS on the phone while driving and praying for Bill Schick. He is not doing well and the church sent out a prayer request that he is in ICU. Well my prayer got a little intense as the gps told me to turn right and I did only to find myself on a one way street going the WRONG way. I was able to back up as no one was behind and get out of the way of the car and truck coming. Usually I can drive and pray at the same time but probably should not have been trying to do 3 things at once. Thankfully there were no police around and I didn't get a ticket. That may have been hard to explain. The title from the new camper was transferred into my name then off I went to get the groceries. I filled the cart, went to check out and the debit card I thought was mine and had activated was denied. That turned out to be Mark's so he bought the groceries this week. The next job was to dump the motor home we are selling only it had rained and the ground was wet and soft. I still drove into the field and got back out but the tires are now muddy from that trip. Joan had scrubbed the carpet so the motorhome was plugged in and the fan turned on. From there was a quick trip to help Nolan with Ivy then to Diane's office to grab a ride with her to the shower for Hannah and Jacob. We arrived there just before 2:00 pm to start setting up and prepare the food. Rachel, Diane's daughter-in-law was in charge and lined us all out. Below are a few pictures.









If you would like to see the rest of the pictures of the evening click HERE. The clean up went well and by 8:30 pm we were on our way home. Tired but pleased with how well the shower went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment