Friday, October 30, 2020

Bringing Home Hadassah & Maddalen

 I went out to feed before 7:00 am and it was really dark yet. Mark finished the barn lights last night so those were turned on and it was so bright inside I had to step back and take the picture below. So much light inside that it spills outside. I should easily be able to take videos inside this winter. 

As soon as the horses were fed I took the golf cart over to mom's to brush her hair and put in her eye drop before heading to Middle Grove to load Hadassah and Maddalen. It was 31 degrees and too much frost on the grass to try driving up the hill so I walked. Hadassah climbed the hill with me but her filly wasn't in sight. Two black foals came up to her but she pinned her ears at both of them so I was sure they were not Maddalen I was starting to worry where she was. I finally found her down by the lake, she had just been in getting a drink and came running up the hill when I started leading Hadassah away. Hadassah loaded well but Maddalen ran around the truck and trailer about 3 times before climbing in. They were put in a stall as soon as I got home, given hay, grain and a fresh bucket of water before putting a halter on Maddalen. Next was to get pictures of Isla. She was taken to the field next to Evan. Evan thought she was beautiful.

IF we decide to keep her we will be breeding her to Evan.  She showed off nicely. 
She really has very nice movement. She took off with that big trot stretching up and out. I was surprised how high she gets off the ground.
I really should have taken a video but didn't have anyone around to help so just took the still shots. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some video of her big movement.  While she was in the field I moved a bale into Ribbon's old paddock then put Isla in it. Hadassah and Maddalen were taken out to the round pen. Maddalen was tied and expected to stand. She wasn't very happy about that.
Since no one was around I just let them do what ever they wanted in the round pen but took some video for the two ladies interested.
Even when she isn't trying to show off she gets air time.
They were put in with Isla and I left Maddalen's halter on so she could be handled during the day.
I went inside to download the pictures and upload the video on youtube when Pax, Phil and Anna's dog came exploding in through the dog door. That meant Anna and maybe the girls were in the neighborhood. The golf cart was taken over to the playground but they weren't there. The girls were in their van at grandma's house while Anna was inside helping mom with her new sweeper. They were on their way to pick out some Halloween costumes at Joan's house when mom asked if she would come in and help. I asked if I could borrow the girls so we could get more pictures of Maddalen and maybe a video. The video didn't go very well but the pictures were sure cute.




Maddalen's halter was taken off and they were left out to graze for a bit when the girls left. Once they were put back in with Isla I went back inside to post pictures. If you would like to see the rest of Maddalen's pictures click HERE. If you would like to see the rest of Isla's pictures click HERE. When Mark got home we drove to Sam's club but only one of us could go in as we only had 1 mask between the two of us. I picked up the ingredients to make Haystacks for Sunday's dinner. After shopping we went to Culvers for supper buying one cod dinner with an extra piece of cod to split. Even though we only had one mask between the two of us, they let us eat inside. The food was really good, food is always better when someone else cooks it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment