Monday, October 26, 2020

Mom's Shocking Experience

 Both mom and I didn't get much sleep last night. I was afraid I would over sleep so when 3:00 am came around started the coffee then waited for it to finish only to find out I forgot to add the grounds last night.  When I called mom at 4:30 am to wake her up she was up and dressed. She also woke early and got ready. We were on the way to the hospital at 5:00 am arriving by 5:30 am. Check in went smooth and soon they came for her to have her blood draw and the next walk was to have the EKG done. Below the EKG technician is getting ready to hook her up to the machine that is reflected in the door mirror.

After the EKG we headed down the hall and into another area for the actual shocking event. Below mom's nurse is getting ready to put in an IV.
As soon as she had that in they went to work prepping her, putting pads on her back before taking me to the waiting room. I had typed a text to Joan to let her know they were starting and was waiting for the text to go through when they came to tell me they were all done and mom was awake. Shocking the quickness of the procedure and the actual shock for mom. It worked though, her heart was beating correctly. We had to wait a half an hour for her to wake up properly before we could head home. By the time we left it was after 8:00 am. We stopped at the post office to pick up the Berean mail than at CEFCU to deposit a couple checks then home. Mom decided she needed to sleep before eating breakfast and settled down in her chair. Anni came up to keep an eye on her and helped her remove her bandage from the IV and the hospital bracelet. I jumped in the truck that was hitched to the Summerdale trailer and drove that down to East Peoria Tire and Vulcanizing to get the tires replaced and the axles greased. On the way I started hearing a ticking sound hitting the truck and that turned out to be ice but by the time I arrived the ice had turned to snow. Below is a picture, doesn't show the snow very well but it was coming down pretty steady.
I goofed big time though. I told the man taking the truck that I wanted the 5 new tires, the 4 on the trailer and then the one inside the trailer as it was the spare from the other trailer. We had put the Wolf Pup spare inside the trailer. That must not have been clear as when I got home the 4 tires on the trailer were all new but not the tire INSIDE the trailer.  They had also given me a brand new spare for the Summerdale which actually looked new before I hauled it down. Bummer but Mark is going to take down the Wolf Pup spare and get that done later. Who knows maybe that spare had dry rot and I just couldn't see it. I'll believe it was all in God's plan to have all new tires for that trailer. I headed back over to mom's to just sit and visit. Later 3 little girls came knocking on the door. They found the golf cart at mom's so came to find me. They sat and watched the many birds eating from mom's feeder.
Mom was getting ready for another nap so I took the girls home with me on the golf cart. It was only 33 degrees and still spitting snow so we had to make hot chocolate with whip cream AND sprinkles



They decided to drink their hot chocolate out on the golf cart in the cold.
When they came in we started a fire in the fireplace. This is the first fire of the season and WAY to early in my mind but it sure warmed the house up nicely.
A wonderful text came in from the lady that bought Cinnamon. They are very thrilled with her but even more thrilled with what she produced. We thought Cinnamon would throw a blue roan but the owner wrote: "Cinnamon's colt is a beauty. Looks like he is shedding out to a solid black (with a small white star). He has a gorgeous trot. 😊
 This is another Evan baby! Evan sure does throw nice looking foals that REALLY move well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment