Friday, October 16, 2020

Highest Rating 3 and Younger

 Not to brag or anything but a Zalena x Evan 3 year old colt just took the highest rating in the 3 and younger class of the inspections!  The pictures below are of Floyed T. His owner bought him as a weanling from us and then named him after the most influential person in her life, her father.




He made 3rd over ALL the horses at the inspections. We are SO very proud and pleased for his owner. What a wonderful update and how wonderful to see our on foals competing and WINNING for their owners. All along I knew we had amazing mares and stallions and when we get updates like this it kind of makes all the hard work worth doing.  My day was driving from place to place starting at 8:00 am dropping Mark off at Meisters then going to the DMV to get the motorhome licensed and the title transferred into our name. From there back to the farm to get the motorhome and take that down to Suburban Gas to fill the propane. One funny story about that, I pulled up to the hose then went to roll down the window to talk to the man and couldn't find the buttons that roll down the window. I'm staring at the door trying to figure it out when I finally realize just a little lower is a crank. These are NOT power windows!  I guess we gave up more than just the power step, we also gave up power windows. It has been years since I've been in a vehicle without power windows.  The motorhome was dropped off at Joan's house and then came the long walk back to get my car to drive to Sam's club. I wanted to get a waterproof queen size mattress pad for the motorhome but Sam's club didn't have one Nor did they have salted butter so I drove to Aldi just to check if they had a waterproof mattress pad but they didn't either but they did have butter. I bought 4 pounds, a gallon of milk and about $50.00 dollars more of groceries. At the checkout my debit card was declined. It doesn't expire until 2021 and there is plenty of money in my checkbook but the card was no good. I didn't have that kind of cash on me but thankfully Aldi now takes credit cards. That is for sure the first time I've EVER used a credit card at Aldi. When I got home and after the groceries were put away I ordered a mattress pad online then found the card Aldi had sent and activated that. Our airbnb renter arrived around 3:00 pm with her daughter and it just happened to be the daughter's 11th birthday and she is a horse lover so we went to the cabin and brought back Missy, Sangria and Cookie. She and Cookie bonded and Cookie got a good groom and lots of good bonding time. Ben and Taunya are camping with the old motorhome. Ben just sent a text that the furnace is putting out heat, the freezer is freezing water bottles and the generator is running. All is well. Thankful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment