Saturday, September 23, 2023

Thankful For the Barn

 We had a beautiful day. Ruth was with mom all day and took her to Nancy's ice cream social then later to Costco to get her hearing aids checked out. They were not working so mom will need to go without hearing aids for about 2 weeks. At least they got to enjoy eating cheap pizza for lunch. Mark and I went to the barn around 7:00 am to clean up after last night but someone had cleaned everything up.  When we went to bed last night the party was still going strong so we assumed we would be working. On the way back to the house the truck of the people staying in the 5th wheel was gone so I grabbed the cleaning supplies and took off for the 5th wheel but when I tried to open the door it was locked and just then I heard a dog bark. They were not gone, more than likely had just gone out for breakfast. At 9:00 am I needed to be at Joan's to meet a couple who were renting a camper. They were about 10 minutes late. Mark was busy working on splitting wood but stopped at 9:00 to come pick up Mackenson.

Mackenson came out and off they went to the wood pile.
Berlica's cat came out for attention.
The couple came and were so pleased with the camper. They are heading to Colorado. After they left I left for Sam's club to pick up groceries for the meal tonight, the Sunday dinner and some of the non perishables for the Wednesday night family night at the fellowship hall. By the time I got home it was almost noon and the guests in the 5th wheel were supposed to be checked out by 11:00 am. Again I went up with the cleaning supplies and again the door was locked and the dog inside.  They were sent a message and they promised to be out by 1:00 pm. Sarah and Nolan dropped the girls off a little after 1:00 pm so they climbed on the golf cart and for the 3rd time the cleaning supplies were loaded and up to the barns we went. This time they were out but what a mess. Below is a picture of the kitchen sink.
There was dog hair on the chairs, carpet and even the curtains. When I pulled the top off the other sink to fill it with hot water I was shocked at what was in the sink.
It was dried on, stuck firm and I really didn't want to touch it but when I did start cleaning it I think it was that chocolate rice cereal.  One of the bowls was broken and the television remote was missing. I found the remote while using the vacuum on the chair cushions. That was under the cushion. The dog had ripped the decorative maroon pillow for the couch. The girls watched a show on Elephants while I scrubbed and swept.  I ended up leaving the sweeper out there as I'm sure I missed some dog hair. 
After that we went to the house and asked Mark if he would move a bale in for Evan. We decided to move that bale into Ribbon's old paddock so Evan could eat some of the grass going to waste there. Evan was so happy to be in that paddock that he was jumping around and Eden asked, "does he always dance when he is happy?'  That was exactly what he was doing, dancing.  We went back to the house and played inside while the food was being prepared for tonight.

At 4:00 pm we took the food over to the barn then went on a long golf cart ride with Zion and Eden on the roof and River riding on the back.
I stopped to get a picture so they danced up on the roof.

We saw all kinds of beauty. Some of the trees are starting to turn.

We saw a honey bee busy working hard to make honey.

We also some some red berries.

We got back to the barn just in time as people started arriving for supper just then.
Below is a video of some of the fun the girls had today.
Below are a few pictures of dinner time at the barn.



Below is a short video of the evening.
We had another great day and I am VERY thankful for that barn.

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment