Friday, September 22, 2023

Fun Crafts

 No walk this morning we were in the middle of a thunderstorm. I had a few things that needed to be taken over to the barn but wanted to take the golf cart so instead I worked on the upstairs closets. I found a lot of queen size sheets stored in a tub. They were so old that the elastic was no good. I was deciding what to do with them when mom called so I told her, "I found these sheets, they are old and the elastic is worn out so I think I'm going to throw them out."  She came right back with, "don't throw me out, I'm also old and worn out"  Thankfully I replied, "but your elastic is FINE!"  of course we both laughed. Since I couldn't work outside I opened up Facebook and this memory came up from 5 years ago.  I don't know which mare or which foal this is but it really was a nice picture taken at Middle Grove.

Sarah dropped off her girls after lunch and we spent the afternoon together doing crafts until the rain stopped.

Eden made a beautiful crown,
and had to check it out in the mirror.
Zion worked on a magic wand and then a watermelon plaque to hang on the wall. 
She made it to match her umbrella. Thankfully the rain stopped for a short time.
We checked the rain gauge. So far we have 3 inches.
The flowers were thankful for the drink.
We left the crafts out for the glue to dry then headed over to the barn. I was able to get everything put away while the girls played with the toys then went up to the game room. Below is a video of our fun afternoon.
We were even able to take a nice long golf cart ride but when we went past the dinosaur egg we couldn't make it up the hill and had to back back down and head home. Good thing, right after we got home it started pouring. The crafts were brought inside to dry off. Nolan called to report they were over at the barn for the supper so we packed up and took the golf cart over. The barn was well used tonight. Bradley Epworth is hosting John Harrigan, a well known Bible scholar and missionary and held their dinner here.  
Mark and I left then for our dinner at home. As soon as that was over I went out to tease Ken's Arabian mare. The riding horses were up at the fence.
No luck with the Arabian, she just didn't show at all. I thought yesterday she may be coming in but this evening I made her stand next to Valiant and there was no winking at all.
Ken said when she is in season it is obvious so hopefully she will start to show soon. 









No comments:

Post a Comment