Tuesday, September 5, 2023

New Pages

 I quit our walk after 1 round so I could go to Kroger to pick up a treat for the Berean volunteers this morning. Who would I meet when walking in was Anna.  As I was in a hurry we didn't stop to talk.  Kroger had 2 packages of pecan sticky buns fresh out of the oven so I grabbed both packages.  When I arrived at the Berean office Skip immediately told me about a mystery with the mail. If interested in that click HERE. Not that we solved the mystery and we may never solve that mystery. At least it only costs us $48.51.  I needed to be at mom's by 12:30 pm so kind of rushed back although I stopped first at Meisters to drop off the studies to be graded there for Amanda to give to her mom for the Roanoke church then had to stop for gas.  I had to take Mark's car this morning as the bottom of my car was dropping down rubbing on the ground and Mark wanted to fix that.  I was glad for the car but it was really low on gas. I had to stop for gas on the way home. I probably could have made it but then Mark would be in trouble first thing tomorrow morning.  Believe me anything over 10 gallons means the Prius was empty.

Mom wanted a tomato sandwich for lunch so I picked the reddest ripest tomato and we both enjoyed that made with seeded toast, a little mayonnaise, lettuce and slices of salted tomato. We had a load of gravel dumped this morning at the new barn so Mark went to work spreading that. He used almost the entire pile and got more than half done.  We have another load on order which should finish what we want done. I used the golf cart to pack it down by driving on it going over and over until it was as flat as the golf cart to make it. This first picture is of the West side.
The next picture is of the North side.
The last picture is of the East side. 
When I came in I worked on making a new Facebook page for the event barn. Click Here to see that and if you would hit that like button and feel free to share it with your friends and family.  The Facebook page really needed a website but I didn't want to build another website so ended up making a brand new blog just for the building. Click HERE to see the new blog.  I also wanted to link all 4 (soon to be 5) of the airbnb's to this blog. Diane and Mike have been working on the horsemeister tack room and it is almost ready to place on airbnb. This is a charming cabin that sleeps 4 adults or two adults and two children. 
The back porch has rockers to sit and relax while watching the horses grazing. The horses come right up each morning for breakfast and eat their grain out of the feedpans ON the back porch.  This property also has a swimming pond with a diving board and beach.   




No comments:

Post a Comment