Monday, September 18, 2023

Jack's Meet

 I had a brownie last night before going to bed and then couldn't sleep. I forgot chocolate has caffeine. I'll need to remember that. I really was hard getting out of bed. Ruth beat me to the meeting point for the walk. I was folding towels and forgot to watch the time.  The lake had so much mist coming off the water that I took the picture below about 7:35 am.

The top of Spark's windmill tower was glowing when the sun hit it. It looked like there was a light on top of that tower.
After the walk I went straight to work on making beds, first the apartment's two beds then the Jayco 5th wheel and last the Wildcat 5 th wheel. The two 5th wheels were cleaned. The Jayco is rented again tomorrow for 4 days. I decided to get rid of the 6 inch full size memory foam mattress I was using on the pull out couch in the bunk room. I've ordered 4 more of the tri fold mattresses and will use one of those on the living area couch then use the couch as a bunk in the bunk room. Most people that rent this camper only come with 2 or 3 people. The most we had use it was a family of 4. That mattress was loaded on to the golf cart and taken to our house. 
I took some pictures of it to place it for sale on Facebook market place.
BUT Anna came to work on the barn and mentioned that Braelyn was moving upstairs and would have a full size bed so they will take it instead. We decided to replace the acoustical tile of the world map with something that matches better. Anna was working on the stairs getting them sanded so she could paint them. The right size bathroom stalls came in. Philip came this evening to install those.
My next job was to mix up spider spray called Zenprox,  well it is a spray that kills the darkling beetles, bedbugs cockroaches, centipedes, crickets, flies, fleas, gnats, mosquitoes, scorpions, silverfish, ticks, wasps and spiders. I sprayed all around the barn apartment. The last renter mentioned that after the rain they had some spiders get inside. I also sprayed inside the closets just in case.  There was still some left so went over to the new barn and got that done too. It really does work, as I was walking to the door a grasshopper jumped in front of me. I sprayed it but not much came out as the bottle was empty, maybe just a few drops.  Later when I left there was that grass hopper, it was still alive but not doing well at all. I didn't stick around to watch it die as I was running late.
I left at 3:30 for Donavan park where Jack Isaiah was competing in the cross country track meet. That place was packed. I found a place to park on the grass and hiked to where the meet was being held. There really were thousands of people there. I made it in plenty of time to watch the kids warming up and then stayed to cheer Jack on through out the meet. Below is a video of their warm-up, the start and Jack's finish.  Jack's team are in the green and black uniforms. 
Their team were in a 3 way tie for 1st place. It came down to the 6th runner on each of the winning teams and Jack just happened to be the 6th runner of his team to cross the finish line. He really did great and brought his team the 1st place trophy.
After the meet we had to wait in long lines before we could get out of the park. We drove to Chick-fil-A for a quick supper. I still needed to empty the tanks of the 5th wheels and was able to finish that before sundown. As I was driving the golf cart back from the Wildcat I had to stop to take the picture below. the red sun was lighting up the back door.
Once I made it through the barn though the sun had slipped under the horizon and turned the sky gold.









No comments:

Post a Comment