Saturday, September 16, 2023

Thankful Again

 We went to bed early last night which meant I was up before the coffee got done. As it is Saturday there is no walk so right after breakfast I went out to work on trying to cover those huge cement lids.  I just didn't like the way the two tables looked. I brought over 2 saw horses over and tried those but that didn't work either. I finally just left the camper mat down, opened the awning, took a picture and sent that to the guests coming in so they knew to be careful when they walked. 

When I got back to the house only Missy was in the field, the others were in the far paddock munching away on the round bale.
Mark and I took the golf cart over to the tractor and log splitter. He split while I stacked the wood on the back of the golf cart. When it was full we drove that over to the porch to start filling that. We could fit 3 loads on the porch and got that done.
Mackenson arrived to help around 9:00 am. We needed him for the hard stuff.
These logs were heavy oak. They won't be burned this winter but should be perfect for next winter. Mackenson is strong enough to get the logs over to the splitter. Mark split then Mackenson put the split wood on the aluminum trailer. That will be unloaded later at our place where we can cover them. While we were putting wood on the porch I happened to notice flowers growing under the big cedar pine tree.
The video below was taken as they were working on the oak. Berlica was at the playground and I needed her to take me home then take the golf cart back to Mark.
Yesterday I had someone book the barn for a wedding in April and today they came to check it out. They were so pleased they not only booked the barn they booked every airbnb we have on the property including Diane's cabin AND they are renting a golf cart for the two days they will be here. Phil and the girls were here playing volleyball in the gym while Molly and her kids were playing up in the game room. It was great that she could see everything in play. When I asked her if she wanted the net taken down for the wedding she replied, "no leave it up we like to play." Sounds like it's going to be a FUN wedding.  Ruth was at mom's today, mom wanted to go shopping so off they went.

We love it when mom decides it's time to shop,  we are very thankful for the wheel chair van and I am thankful for a porch full of wood for this coming winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment