Thursday, September 14, 2023

Mowing Woes

 After a couple cups of coffee and my quiet time reading it was time to get moving. Just before 7:00 am I went up to the 5th wheel to make the bed, sweep the floor, move the picnic table up against the barn and put down the big camping mat. The person moving in was concerned about falling so this way he can drive through the barn and park right at the door of the camper. He is coming into town for a ham radio get together being held in Chilicothe.  The next job was to go into the foaling apartment, turn on the lights, give the floor a quick sweep just in case and turn the air on. These people are coming in for 3 nights visiting family. The horses were up in the far paddock across from the apartment. Cookie was patiently waiting for a turn to eat on that bale while Dancer and Titus were in the shelter eating. Missy was outside the shelter but had been eating on the bale.

I zoomed in on Cookie, she sticks out with that white color.
There was a spider web in the doorway sporting a feather decoration.
Ken's mare came up to the gate when I went past.
I was done in 15 minutes giving me enough time to meet the walkers just in time.  The morning was beautiful. We stopped in at Joan's to see her brand new carpet just laid yesterday. 
 The picture below is of Rachel's house from across the lake. The mist was drifting up from the water.
After the walk it was time to work on the Wildcat 5th wheel as that one is also rented this weekend. I don't like the landscape around that 5th wheel so asked Mark to bring the bush hog over so I could mow the fields. While he was driving that over I moved 2 tables over, put down another camping mat and moved the tables on top. Then put two chairs out.
Below that mat the ground slopes and the tables are straddling the big cement lids over some huge tanks. I didn't want the guest tripping on those and wanted to put a picnic table over but the 6 ft table wasn't big enough. Mark said he would call Jeff Hoerr and ask for some ideas to make it look better.  Mark mowed a round before I took over the mowing.
I mowed until 1:00 pm but got really car sick and was so nauseated that I hardly made it into the bathroom before losing my breakfast. After about 45 minutes felt better and went out to finish the mowing.  Mark and Mackenson were busy splitting and stacking more wood.

They just about finished this pile so tomorrow Mark will move the tractor and log splitter over to the piles of logs that still need splitting in the field by Joan's house. This evening I took 4 mugs over to the Wildcat. Phil had the girls here practicing volleyball but I didn't stop in as I had pizza in the oven and didn't want that to burn. This evening just as the sun was going down I went out to put the golf cart away and the horses were up at the fenceline. Below is Missy.
Dancer is pictured below
Titus was busy grazing. He has the mega hair of his grandmother Ylse, his mother Indy and his sire Evan. 
He is just 13 months old and already sporting a thick long mane and tail.



 





No comments:

Post a Comment