Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Fall Decorations

 I had a good night and was up before 5:00 am and had to wait for the coffee pot to finish brewing. Amazing what a good nights sleep does. It just happens to be my brother John's 70th birthday so I used family chat to wish him a happy birthday. He isn't on it so this is what I sent, "Beth please tell John happy 70th from his favorite sister."  Within a minute Joan posted, "Judy I could have told him myselft but thanks for passing the message along." Beth Herman posted, "Well I was glad she remembered for me."  I posted NO No No, his favorite sister, the one he is the most close in age and the one who understands aching joints." Diane posted, I was thinking the same thing.  But I was going to just give him a call." Ruth wrote, "too funny!" then Joan again, Anyway, happy birthday John! Glad you made it to 70!  Rhonda posted, "I reminded Spark last night, he will be so disappointed you gals all beat him to it!" There were also lots of happy faces but I don't know how to post those here. On the walk Joan pointed out a big black snake in a bush. 

I had to get a close up of that snake. It really did look like the serpent in the garden offering poison berries to all who walk by.
When we got to the cabin Ruth and I carried the cupboard over to Mike's 4 wheeler, he strapped it in and took it over to Joan's for the girls fort.
Mom and I had a very late start to the Berean office this morning. The van wouldn't start. I had to get the battery charger, an extension cord and charge it before we could leave. Then we hit road construction on Cameron lane just before 116. It was a 3 way down to 1 way so we had quite a wait. It WAS a typical government crew. They had 3 people holding the stop signs, 7 people standing watching the hole get dug and 1 person using the excavator.  No wonder our taxes in Illinois are so high.
We had a good morning there at the Berean office. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. Skip took the Bibles and studies to the post office so mom and I went straight home.  Karin is back to drawing and she had an amazing picture of Mackeson finished when we got there.
When she got home I left to get more work done on the barn. That hog roast is coming up in FOUR days.  This afternoon the tables in the garage were measured before putting the chairs around and I removed one of the tables to make it easier for seating.
There are 7 tables for eating in the gym plus one for cutting up the hog, one for the roasters and one for the drink table.  The oblong table cloths should be here tomorrow.  I only needed 6 round table cloths and both Joan and Diane mentioned that Dollar General had round ones.  I took Mark's car went there and bought one just to try it out.  It is very thin but did cover the table so went back and bought 11 more. They are so thin that I put 2 on each of the round tables. Dollar General also had out a lot of fall decorations so I picked some up to make table centerpieces.  When I arrived at the barn to put the table cloths on Mark stopped in and helped. Then Kensley arrived so together we worked on centerpieces. I still needed to find some vases for the decorations so Kensley and I went to Dollar Tree where everything is $1.25 and bought 20 vases then came back and finished them. On the way to Dollar Tree Kensley saw a beautiful rainbow. As I was driving there is no picture of that. Below are a few of the vases.
Those will be put on the tables after the table cloths are on. I think we did a pretty good job. They are all different and we had fun doing them.
When I left the barn the sun was turning the Eastern sky pink but we couldn't even see the sun in the Western sky. Too many low clouds.


















."  

No comments:

Post a Comment