Friday, September 15, 2023

It's FIXED

 Just Ruth and I walked this morning and only did one round. That gave me time to make a big omelet to take over for mom and Karin's breakfast. I arrived there just before Karin started cooking so that was perfect timing. It was too cool out this morning to go out on the deck so we watched the movie Heaven Is for Real. Both mom and I had read the book but neither of us had seen the movie. By the time the movie was over it was plenty warm to go outside. We enjoyed watching 3 hummingbirds all show up at the feeder at the same time then start fighting with each other in mid air. They soon took off out of sight. After that they were taking turns at the feeder.                       We enjoyed our lunch out on the deck. Karin came home and also enjoyed sitting out on the deck getting plenty of vitamin D, enjoying the sunshine. Not long after getting home D & N Auto body called to let me know the golf cart was fixed. When we arrived with the trailer we were surprised to see that sitting outside next to Mike's truck as Mike and Diane were on their way to Gulf Shores. It looked exactly like Mike's truck, even had the front door frame bent in just like Mikes. The only difference we could see was this one had the bed cleaned out and we have NEVER seen Mike's truck bed empty so it couldn't be his.

We got the trailer ready to load then went in to pay for the golf cart repair which came to $200.00. I considered that a bargain!
We drove the truck and trailer to the field to unload.
Mark had already parked the tractor with the log splitter over by the wood pile and wanted the trailer backed up there to make it easy to load the wood on once it is split.  I got to drive the golf cart home and was so pleased with how it ran. It now turns correctly and has speed.
                
 I just need to find a board then nail a cushion on it so I have seats in the back. Both golf carts were put in the garage and both fit in one stall.
I had just parked it and gone in the house when the guest staying in the 5th wheel sent a message that he fixed the window blinds and would be glad to show me how he fixed them and how to make them work if I wanted to learn. It turned out to be an easy fix and I was thankful this guest was willing not only to fix them but show me how. I had mentioned to him the back blinds wouldn't stay up. Guests that go over and above are wonderful. Phil and the girls were supposed to go to dinner with us tonight but cancelled.  We called Ruth and Fedi and they were glad to come with us. We went to Mings and all 4 of us enjoyed the meal and the company. The sun was setting as we were driving home. The picture below was taken through the front window of Mark's car. He was driving.
How thankful I am to be living in such a beautiful place with plenty of friends and family nearby.

 

 
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment