Thursday, September 21, 2023

More Beds

 After that late night I found it hard to get going this morning. Around 6:00 am I was having my coffee in the rec-room when I heard a stallion talking to a mare. It was too dark outside to see who Valiant was visiting with but my hope it was the Arabian mare here to be covered by him. It was sprinkling when I went out to see but she was in her shelter eating and Valiant was in his. I took an umbrella on the walk just in case it started raining harder. When we reached Spark's we were impressed with how much got done on his barn last night. 

Ruth quit after one round so I just took Joan back to her house on the golf cart then went to mom's.  She was on her recliner.
I made breakfast then Karin helped her walk to the table.
Below is a short video of that. 
 It has been 2 years and 2 days since her stroke and to think they told us she would probably only live for 2 weeks. Mom is just WAY to stubborn to listen to those hospital people.
We had a good day together. After Karin came I stopped in at the barn to do some clean up work. Anna was there hanging some new pictures.
She found baskets for the master bath closet.
We will plan on storing extra sheets for the temporary beds and other needed items. We decided against having a door to the closet. The bathroom is very large and roomy and the closet is deeper than it looks in the pictures.
So far I have 2 of the 5 full size memory foam mattresses put in their carrying cases and stored in the master bedroom closet which is also quite large.  It easily holds 2 on each end.  When I got home I ordered 2 twin size tri fold 6 inch memory foam mattresses which can be stored under the king size bed 
also 4 of the foldable 6 inch memory foam chairs for the upstairs.
They also fold into a twin size mattress and they had great reviews. 
This will actually put the sleeping availability for the barn at 20 on either beds or mattresses, plus 2 more on couches if needed. One of the people interested in booking needs sleeping space for 22.  She said she was ok with using sleeping bags but these will be much more comfortable.












No comments:

Post a Comment