Saturday, September 9, 2023

Good Way

We had a chilly morning but a beautiful day today with abundant sunshine. It was my turn to be with mom today. Spark and John both came over for a visit. 

 While they were there I ran over to the apartment to start the laundry as it booked again for tonight. After Spark and John left we went out on the deck to eat our lunch and watch the birds. Below mom is watching Rachel and David working on the big landscaping job at their beach while enjoying a tomato and cheese sandwich.
Diane came while we were finishing up with Rachel's fresh baked apple pie from the apples on her tree. Diane stayed with mom so I could finish cleaning the apartment. Today's guests asked if they could move in early.  After finishing I went back to work on the round pen and saw that Mark had moved my pile of weeds from yesterday and cut down more. Those were moved out and the panel put back so now the round pen can be used. It isn't perfect but at least it is usable. I stopped over at Diane's and Dancer and Sally came up to the gate.
Diane told me that Mike and Berlica were going to be riding today. I heard the stallions neighing so thought they may be coming my way but instead they took the trails. Cookie, Missy and Titus were up at the gate all upset that Sally and Dancer were gone.
The riders were not around and I still needed to run to Sam's Club to pick up the food for tomorrow's dinner along with coffee and a rotisserie chicken for Karin and mom. Those were dropped off before going home to bring our groceries in. We left early for church tonight pulling out at 6:00 pm so we could stop and fill my car with gas.  It was WAY out of gas. According to the display I could go 450.8 miles on this tank and went 451
Mark put 10.1 gallons in. I really am thankful to be driving a Prius. Gas is just really expensive right now. Tonight Sage Rumbold was giving her testimony and after that was baptized. Church was pretty full. Elisabet and Israel sat with us and we sat in the back.  We were glad to be there and glad to be able to listen to her testimony. It was a good way to spend a Saturday night.








No comments:

Post a Comment