Monday, November 21, 2022

Working Monday

 Ruth came early to bring Joan the meat grinder. Caleb got a deer, the Sauders butchered it took what meat they wanted then gave it to Joan who got a big bowl full of meat she wanted to grind. 

The venison really helps stretch the food budget, especially now with inflation so high. After the walk I left for Kroger to pick up some turkey bags for cooking, then to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail, from there to Sam's Club to pick up fruit then to Berean to drop off the mail and the treat and finally home. The upstairs needed a deep cleaning but before I started on that I got a message from Joan that she had to go with Nancy to the orthopedic center to get Nancy's knee x-rayed and I was needed at mom's.  Since I didn't have my phone with me Joan called Anna and I relieved Anna. Poor Nancy has been complaining of pain. The x-ray didn't show anything terrible so she was given a cortisone shot. They think it might be arthritis and are hoping the shot will settle it down within 12 hours. Laura came up with Anthony and mom loves the babies.  Anthony was glad to sit on mom's lap.
While there I also took a picture of the woeful snowman who is struggling to straighten up.
As soon as Karin arrived I left. My first job was to get one of the turkeys cooking then to start the deep cleaning and was still cleaning when Mark got home but the upstairs is done. All the bedding washed, the upstairs bathroom given a good scrubbing, the closets organized, and the entire upstairs swept and dusted. It is now ready for Thanksgiving company. Kres, the lady that painted mom's Mrs. America picture sent a couple pictures of her horses. The first is Zalena.
We sold Zalena to Kres and she is now 23 years old. Doesn't she look fantastic? The next picture is of Magda,
Magda is out of Soul by Evan and inherited the mega hair. She is maturing VERY nicely. We sure love updates, especially when they include pictures.  The turkey is now done and cooling, I'll be able to start slicing it in a few minutes. I will cook the next turkey on Wednesday but tomorrow the oven will be needed for pies. The last load of bedding is now in the dryer, the last trip to feed and water Valentino was just finished. My bed is looking better and better. This Monday was labor intensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment