Friday, November 4, 2022

Measly Musli

 It was so dark this morning that when Diane called my first thought was something happened to mom. Diane asked, "where are you?", I looked at the time and was shocked. I was late for the walk. Not only was I late for the walk I still wasn't even dressed. I threw my clothes on in record time and went straight out to meet Ruth and Diane. It was very overcast with rain in the forecast. Mark wanted to move that last trailer before the rain moved in so right after the walk I took the skid steer to the new barn, picked up the flatbed trailer, dropped that off where Mark has been sawing logs then drove to Joan's to hook up the 4th trailer.  That was taken back to the barn, Mark directed while I backed it into place and once done we congratulated ourselves. We are working well together to get the job done.

The apartment was given a quick once over, the lights turned on and the furnace turned up to 72 degrees for the guests coming in today. The foals were checked on and they all seemed to be fine but Valentino had lost his halter so after the walk I had to put that back on him. He wasn't very happy about that but once it was done and I was giving him scratches, he started licking his lips and sighing. The good thing was once my arms were around his chest he stood still. He remembered that from his first 3 weeks of life here before taking him to Middle Grove. Valerie was also worked with some. By the time I left they were all in the shelter eating.
Valentino is left, Tessa in the middle and Valerie to the right.
Today mom wanted to make measley ( musli) with the last of the apples. Rachel organized it but Aunt Jinnie and mom did a lot of the work.
The video below shows them working together.
At 1:00 pm I needed to be over at mom's to relieve Rachel. Karin closing on the library was today. When she came back we had to tease her about being 'rich'. I left around 3:00 pm to get some laundry done and make supper for mom's house tonight. Mark grilled some cod which we added to the cocktail shrimp, teriyaki beef and noodle dish, egg rolls and asparagus. We had cheese cake and or chocolate drenched cake heated up with ice cream on top for dessert.  Spark and Rhonda were working on mom's yard cleaning up the garden area and moving fallen limbs. As we had plenty of food we asked them to join us for dinner. We reminisced about our trips to Puerto Rico. Rhonda told us about the time they flew stand by and got bumped twice.  Our great Aunts, Aunt Emily and Aunt Clara would live there each winter as according to them Florida was just not reliable. After dinner Mark took the dishes home, Spark and Rhonda left so we watched a documentary called River of Life. This was about the Yukon river in Alaska. It brought back many memories for both mom and Aunt Jinnie of their trips to Alaska. 





No comments:

Post a Comment